What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi Issue at Public Hot Spots

tibob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just had wifi issues today, I was at a hospital and they had free wifi. I connect to their wifi and safari comes up asking me to log in to get connected. I log in and nothing happens. Couldn't get to connect. Rebooted and still nothing same result after I log in just sits there.

Later in the day, I went to the library and tried access there with my library card and pin. Same result, after log in nothing. Am I missing something?

I have an IPad 2 with 4.3.3. The common issue I do see is between the two situations is that you have to log in first. At home or my office as long as I know the WEP/WPA key it works.

Anyone know or what to do to make it work?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I go to free wifi, and agree to their terms and services, it usually takes al least a minute to get connected.

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you rebooted. I've had several times lately at home on my own network I have had to restart my iPad to get it to connect after it has lost the signal. If something got corrupted at the hospital you may have to reboot to clear it out.

OP
T

tibob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bogy said:
Have you rebooted. I've had several times lately at home on my own network I have had to restart my iPad to get it to connect after it has lost the signal. If something got corrupted at the hospital you may have to reboot to clear it out.

Yeah rebooted, nothing. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks.

tmno2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having been a long term scanner of the discussions of this forum, I think it has a lot to do with which browser is used in the first place.
Along the thought line of public access wifi, I would tend towards the base installation of SAFARI, assuming that the wifi at the hospital is set up for iPads as the main user.
Why not check with the enquiry desk, which is normally manned during visiting hours, and identify the main user base of the wifi.
If the user base is laptop related, you would set up your browser to identify as I.E.8, if it is iPad or iPhone, then Safari.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Most reactions