1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

WiFi hotspot

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by ferrarofilms, Nov 28, 2010.

1. ferrarofilms

ferrarofilms iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My main reason to jailbreak Ipad-3g on IOS4.2.1 is to use it as a WiFi hotspot because I do not have landline. What is the best way to go?
    Thanks
  2. ferrarofilms

ferrarofilms iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MiWi

I used MiWi before with my Iphone, my question was more on the direction of what software to jailbreak the Ipad
    Thanks
  3. slothead

slothead iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I rooted one of my droids and installed an ap called barnacle to provide wireless tethering through my Droid (on Verizonwireless).
  4. tjdurl

tjdurl iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    May I ask how?

Can you lend some guidance to a noob on how to do this with my droid?:confused:
  5. Carnut

Carnut iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HTC Forums or Andriod forums, RE: Rooting and WIFI or pay the extra $30/ month to Sprint!!
  6. slothead

slothead iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I'm trying to remember right now which root application I used and I think it was SuperOneClick (SuperOneClickv1.5.3-ShortFuse).

If you google this, I'll bet you get everything you will need to root the Droid, and it is really simple. I think I had to do it twice to get it to take, but I'm not sure I had to - I just didn't understand all the indications. The instructions should all be there. I'm sorry I'm not more of a nerd to talk you through all this, but I don't think you will have any problems. I will say that one thing that gave me the nerve to do this (I was pretty nervous about it, but I didn't need to be) was that I have two droids: the Moto Droid ("1") [which I rooted] and a Droid X that will stay factory fresh.

Good Luck,