Wifi help with 10.5 inch iPad pro

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by JohnRM, Jun 16, 2017.

1. JohnRM

JohnRM
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, using Safari. I was on my phone when I got the message that someone responded so I took a couple screen caps with the phone. This is what I get when I visit the forum on my iPhone or iPad. I can't even get to a login screen because it automatically goes to this page. I tried blocking the website and then I get an error that the website is blocked. Very strange as I don't have this problem with any other websites I've visited.

Again this occurs on both my iPhone (which I'm not having any problems with) and the new iPad which this thread is about. My macbook seems unaffected even using safari.

IMG_1070.jpgIMG_1071.jpg

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried clearing your browsing history just in case a site you once visited is causing the problem? Turn on airplane mode and go to Settings>Safari>Clear History and Website Data.
    Then turn off airplane mode and try again to access the Forum.

3. JohnRM

JohnRM
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for that information. That did help with the problem of not being able to access the site on my iPad. I'm unsure what happened here since I had just reset the device but it did work. I'm going to keep track of my wireless now and see if that may have made a difference. Who knows, there might have been something in that data causing the problem.

I'll see keep my appointment with Apple Support just in case, however.

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That’s good to know.
    What happened to you is called a browser kijacking, whereby the spammer makes it very difficult to get rid of that annoying pop up.