1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

WiFi "Discoverability"~ipad no longer connecting

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by HIlife, Sep 2, 2013.

1. HIlife

HIlife iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,
    I am new to this forum; big fan of these sharing communities & and promise to reciprocate help and advice in kind :eek:

To my issue: I have an ipad2 which is no longer connecting to our home router. All other devices (only 2 to 3 at a time) connecting fine. We have Linksys router
    and i have been troubleshooting; service provider no issue, security set ok, etc.

Notice though when I open Bluetooth settings on MAC desktop my ipad is listed under devices but reads "device not found" and also that it lacks the proper "services".

The only option in my bluetooth settings is on/off.

Any suggestions ??

2. Agent1191

Agent1191 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I would go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings. Then try it
  3. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    I would try the following.

Re-boot your router. Whilst your router is re-booting reset your iPad - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot'.

Hopefully your iPad will now connect to your router.

The Archangel