What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi connection problem

Dirk123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help! I have been trying to help a friend who has bought a wifi only iPad 3 and cannot connect to his Orange wifi router. My iPad 3 (3G + wifi) and my iPhone 4 connect with the router as does his HP ePrinter and Kindle, but although his new IPad sees the connection it is not 'ticked' in the wifi settings box. His wife also bought an iPad 2 and this also will not connect. I have tried, rebooting, resetting etc but to no avail. I brought the iPads home and they both connected to my Cable Wii seamlessly. Any advice would be appreciated as I have exhausted my knowledge.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there-welcome to the forum!

I am moving this to our Help section-you will get more attention there.

Thanks.

iank131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had and still have a similar problem with my iPhone. I was told by the apple store attendant that it could be a software problem between your device and that problematic wifi router.

One suggestion, although a real hassle so I have not done it yet, is to do a clean wipe of your friend's new iPad and try to connect with the Orange router as if the device was straight out of the box. If it connects, then it's a software problem that has to do with some of the apps that you have installed in your friend's iPad. If it does not connect, then I think it could be something wrong with the iPad itself.

I hope that helps a bit.

OP
D

Dirk123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, much appreciated. I will give it a go.

Most reactions