What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi conection problems

shakeyblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

We have 2 ipad 3's & are using AOL BROADBAND with netgear router my problem is that I keep losing my wifi connection if I switch wifi on & off it works fine but connection will fail again at some point & I need to switch wifi off & on to get it back. This is the same on both iPads. My laptop desk top & ps3 work fine with no issues.
Does any one have any ideas what may be making this happen.

Cheers

Shakey

novice, learning daily....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your post to the iPad help forum, where it will receive more attention.

OP
shakeyblade

shakeyblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been told this may be a problem with the netgear router I am using, can anyone confirm this. Don't really want to buy a new router if it is not going to solves the problem

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Been told this may be a problem with the netgear router I am using, can anyone confirm this. Don't really want to buy a new router if it is not going to solves the problem

If you suspect the router, try resetting it to see if that helps, before thinking of replacing it.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's also worth checking that the router firmware is fully up to date, check on AOL's website or google the model of your router (adding the words firmware update) to get details of how to do this.

The Archangel

Lenc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem when I am streaming movies my wifi just shuts down?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you using your WiFi connection for other things at the same time as you are attempting to watch your streaming movies?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network settings. If that doesn't work, you could try resetting your router.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can change the wifi channel in the router. In browser type 192.168.0.1. User n admin. Password. Is password (Default settings). Look for channels in wifi. Area and change the channel. Save settings then log out. Reconnect your computer same wifi password and see if it is fixed. Updating the router may also fix issue.

Most reactions