What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi Broadcasting?

chuxter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.1derful.info
First, I'm new to iPad and new to this site. I have an iPad 1 that I "inherited" from my kid when he got an iPad 2. :)

I want to do something wild (perhaps)...I've looked and can't quite find what I want, thus this post.

I want to have a PowerPoint presentation (either on a PC or a Mac...got access to both) send each slide to a wireless router and be able to receive this on a bunch of iPads close by (within WiFi range). Is this possible? How?

There seem to me to be two issues, but I'm not an expert is these matters.

1) I will need a program on the PC/Mac that takes the PP slides and "transmits" them to the wireless router. [I send files to my iPad by using GoodReader...I create a virtual drive on the PC, by mapping a network drive and simply drag and drop files there. I'm researching a way to send each PP slide to this virtual drive...]

2) I will need a program on the iPads that "receives" the PP slides and displays them. This may already be on the iPads...browser? Or might be some app that I have to buy?

Any hints, clues, and links would be greatly appreciated!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea. Hopefully someone will chime in soon with a solution. Tahts Very good innovative thinking, buddy. I can picture teachers doing this instead of having to hook up to a projector. It would be a more intimate experience, in more or less words..lol

Most reactions

Latest posts