What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi Booster - Paid Tweak

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased an excellent new tweak from Cydia this week. WiFi Booster from Malcolm Hall ($1.99) removes the signal strength limit allowing you to see and connect to weak WiFi networks in your area from the iPad WiFi Settings. It also enhances the network view to include the MAC address of the access point [blurred out in my image ;)] and the signal strength.

As you can see in the image below, I can now identify two weak networks which would normally be hidden without this tweak because they are outside of the iPad's original signal strength limit. Very handy since one happens to be an unsecured wireless router with an 8MB internet connection behind it :D

WiFiBooster.png

If you like your WiFi, look into this! It really works and has the f4780y seal of approval ;)

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Okay. So ~ in Cali blonde speak Marie words....:eek:

Why do I want this app?

I will let the iPad connect to wifi networks that are beyond apple's signal strength requirement. Do a simple test. Get a laptop, and see what networks you get. Go to iPad, you might pick up half, if you are lucky.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With my HPMini I don't get a very good wifi signal here at home. But on my iPad and my desktop I have lightening speed!

Why is that? So this app will fix that?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
With my HPMini I don't get a very good wifi signal here at home. But on my iPad and my desktop I have lightening speed!

It won't fix your hp! It's an IPAD app not an hp app. :D

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

It won't fix your hp! It's an IPAD app not an hp app. :D

I know that, Brat! You referenced the laptop. For some reason. My iPad is hella fast already ~ why do I need it?

You are not speaking Marie, Grayson.:(

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I know that, Brat! You referenced the laptop. For some reason. My iPad is hella fast already ~ why do I need it?

It has nothing to do with speed, just range.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple limits the iPad to only show networks that have a certain signal strength. This tweak removes that.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

It has nothing to do with speed, just range.

Apple limits the iPad to only show networks that have a certain signal strength. This tweak removes that.

Cool. Simple explanations.:D. Tell me ~ why do I want it removed?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you can connect to networks that are outside apple's range. So iPad can get networks that only laptops can.

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im getting this. I live in an apartment, so theres probably lots of connections i can find with this.

Slayerific

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it still work fine or are the networks that get hidden too slow to use anyway?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does it still work fine or are the networks that get hidden too slow to use anyway?

Well, define "work fine". WiFi performance depends on the signal strength amongst other things. If you are connected to a very weak network you will likely be on the edge and can't expect great performance. But if you are in a bind, or want to be able to see everything in range (perhaps so you can move closer to get a stronger signal) it is a valuable tweak, to me at least. YMMV.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts