Wifi away from home

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by Krystalcat, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Krystalcat

Krystalcat
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Sorry for the delay. Yes, I have tried a restore, but it didn't make any difference, I'm afraid. xx

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Monger

Thanks Received:
    Well, I getting 'stumped' - one other question, was your problem on your trip only w/ Wi-Fi in your hotel or could you connect elsewhere (e.g. Wi-Fi hotspot)? If the former, my only other suggestion would to have the IT people reset the router supplying your room (or you could check your iPad in the lobby of the hotel) - this has been an issue on several of our trips. Dave :)

3. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You know....I purchased an iPad mini (1st gen) and noticed that my mini wasn't picking up my wifi compared to my iPad 2 or my iphone 5. I thought it might be the location in my house, but also noticed it on the second level of my home. Since...I have given it to my mom and along with her having it she has updated it to the most current iOS and has not mentioned any signal drop. Soo....I'm not sure if this is the case for you...I didn't see that you had mentioned what version you were running, however, if it is current than I'd take it to Apple and have them take a look.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. 2112

Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like the same thing I run into now and then. The ipad will or can connect to public wifi but won't bring up the welcome screen where you agree with the terms of service. This usually fixes itself the next day or two. I have yet to troubleshoot this. When this happens, it happens at several different locations the same time. Maybe I'm just not giving it enough time, but it seems like after 5 or 10 minutes it should connect if it's going to.

5. Victoria022

Victoria022
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    This is a very useful thread. Thanks folks!!

6. hoben02

hoben02
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It may have to do with the security on the router. I have the iPad mini which I wanted to use as a travel unit but have narrowed an issue where only works with wpa2. My ipad 3 I have traveled all over China and no issue getting a wifi connection