What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi App

jjlp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I've been surfing appstore and the web but no luck.:(

Im looking for an app that allows me to scan for wireless network.
fx if im at a location where there is many AP i would like to get a overview of availeble networks and there strength and so on

is there such an app??:confused: thanks inadvance

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just open settings. I mean, you're not driving around in a car war-surfing on unsecured networks or something.

...are you? ;)

OP
J

jjlp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No im not :) im aware that I can see the availeble wlans under settings :) But im looking for an app where I can se more detailed info fx channel number, noise i -db and so on

dbbd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple won't allow such apps since the wifi info is not available through their SDK.
If you jailbreak, then there are several. One is called YFY.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple doesn't allow private APIs so the chances of finding an official one are zero now.
I still use an old iPhone one that was withdrawn from the appstore, but which still works fine x2 on 4.2.
Good for going to the local mall and checking out the sheer number of networks :)

If your on win7 you could try the free program inSSIDer which is great for checking local networks and channels etc.. Great for setting up your router, but probably not what you were after.

Most reactions