1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Wife strikes........

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by kheldour, May 16, 2010.

1. kheldour

kheldour iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    .....my wife has now started playing with my iPad........and starts to like it.
    Her concerns are printing and native Thai language support.

But - I did see this coming - she wants a 16GB 3G once those issues are solved.
    My kids are already going on my nerves.... "Daddy, can we play your iPad, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?"

Damn it! Looks like, by the end of the year, I will have three iPads at home.
    One 16GB 3G for my wife, my "old" 32GB Wifi for the kids and a 64GB 3G for Daddy.....

Steve - thank you! I will become a poor man, because of your genious products.
  2. Takenover83

Takenover83 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know if I would trust my kid's with 1 iPad. It would be destroyed in a month's time, then that's $600 down the drain.
  3. Bremen

Bremen iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    My wife and I got ours the same day, so I was ahead of you on that one ;)

She was actually slow warming up to it. But over time she got hooked. I noticed her computer was not turned on all weekend.....
  4. ipadgypsy

ipadgypsy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hee hee - I have the opposite problem...my husband thinks it's a waste...that is -until today.....we went a looong recital - some friend's kids. Long intermissions....but aha -I had loaded his favorite mahjong game on my iPad so I whipped it out and he got two games in.

He wouldn't admit it - but I could tell he liked it!
  5. cherhall

cherhall iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My daughter used to sit with her laptop on her lap all the time, and swore that wouldn't change once her iPad arrived. It arrived on the 11th, and I've seen her use her laptop exactly one time since then! Now all three in our family sit around with ipads on our laps any time we are home.
  6. henry2

henry2 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    i feel for you ..once the kids and the wife gets into there head that yours is one they want to use it and once the wife get in her head that she wants something of yours you lost the item that was you ..
  7. jenna

jenna iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kids will only damage an Ipad if they are not taught to handle their belongings with care. My kids have always had free access to what other's might call fragile items with no disasters. My 5 year old grand daughter likewise handles her belonings with care. I have no hesitation in allowing her free access to my Ipad as I know she will treat it with care and caution. She is supervised with it as it has internet access.
  8. FirstApple

FirstApple iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're right. iPad is not a toy for kids unless you give them proper instruction on how to handle it with care.:D
  9. wooney

wooney iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think i would rather leave my wife than my ipad :)
  10. kheldour

kheldour iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  11. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    I have seen many stories of families sharing iPads. I have to wonder if kids would be better of with iPod Touch. Less money, more control.
  12. Takenover83

Takenover83 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did not ask for parenting advice. BTW, who teaches their kid's to destroy expensive stuff? I think it's common knowledge that you would tell your kid's to be careful, but does that always happen? Of-course you could always have the most well behaved (and careful!) children on the face of the Earth. More times then not, that will not be the case for many people. It's like handing the keys to your car to a 16 year old. The Child will tell you she will be careful, but sometimes stuff just happens. Kid's tend to break stuff. Chances increase if more children are handling one iPad.
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
  13. kheldour

kheldour iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    True! Very true! And I like the idea with the iPod Touch, but the flaw is, that they then still want to play the iPad......ok, I could tell them, that it is an iPad Mini...... :D

Wonder how long they will buy that story......
  14. IpadOne

IpadOne iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have give to my Son my 1r gen Iphone , but many time when he see the iPad free he got it go to his bed ( for we don’t see him) and play with … so Kheldour believe me that’s will not work so well … by the way i recommend you to buy Scrabble and took Tile rack it’s really a amazing family game
  15. kheldour

kheldour iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    thanks for the recommendation.
  16. IpadOne

IpadOne iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Scrabble and air hockey is the game all the family like to play (this one is free) and this one is 0,99$ that’s the game wife and kids like to play with their iPad , my wife steal one of my wifi only … in fact that’s arrange me so she don’t ask for my 3G …originally she say i don’t need iPad 2 days after i got two she already decide one is her one …. so left only one for our testing … i guess that’s the case for many family since they get one in hand they want it
  17. iVan

iVan iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I wouldn't trust my kids with my iPad(when I get it) They're 25 and 28. They'd be buying stuff with it on my account...:D
  18. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    This talk of parents not wanting to let their kids play with their iPads is kind of humorous. My nephew bought two iPhones when they first came out. When Apple gave them all rebates after dropping the price, he bought an iPod Touch for his Dad. When Dad's Touch got stolen, he bought an iPhone 3G and gave the original iPhone to his Dad. Seems kind of backwards, doesn't it.