What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wife didn't Listen......

MrQwiq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it sucks.. but here it is. I jailbroke her Ipad2 around a year or so ago. After I had done it I told her sevral times not to update it, no matter how high the number gets. I was planning to rejailbreak it whenever a suitable os 6 had come in to play. Needless to say she did it. So here we are..... It was stuck in the connect to itunes screen so I put it in dfu mode and tried to shift restore it back to 5.0.1. Althought I am not 100% sure that its the os that was running on it when I did it I figure it will go back to stock ios 5.0.1 and I would work it from there. Well I CANNOT get it to get past the ridiculous 3194 (something like that)error on the computer I jailbroke it on the first time so I tried my laptop, no dice. Nor can I get it out of dfu mode either. So here I am frantically trying to do anything I can to get this thing up and going so she can ease up on me. ANY and ALL legitimate knowledge is welcomed. Thank you in advance.

BTW the TU untick box trick didnt work. Neither did the editing hosts trick.

Last edited:
OP
M

MrQwiq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea read it thru and thru.Matter of fact I just fixed it...... had to restore it back to official 6.1.3. Bah... hope a jailbreak arrives soon. Thank you for you time my friend scifan57.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yea read it thru and thru.Matter of fact I just fixed it...... had to restore it back to official 6.1.3. Bah... hope a jailbreak arrives soon. Thank you for you time my friend scifan57.

Unfortunately I've got some bad news for you. The evasi0n jailbreak team has said that they won't be burning an exploit to jailbreak iOS 6.1.3. I'm afraid that you and everybody else on iOS 6.1.3 will have to wait for an iOS 7 jailbreak, whenever that comes.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have a single iOS 4 blob saved, you can downgrade back to iOS 5.0.1 assuming you have the blobs for 5.0.1. Basically, you'll need the following if you want to downgrade back to iOS 5.

1. iOS 4.3 OR iOS 4.3.1 OR iOS 4.3.2 OR iOS 4.3.3 OR iOS 4.3.4 OR iOS 4.3.5 SHSH blobs

2. iOS 5.0.1 OR iOS 5.1.1 SHSH blobs

You must have any one of the iOS 4 blobs listed and any of the iOS 5 blobs listed. If you have one and not the other, you won't be able to downgrade. RedSn0w will allow you to rollback from iOS 6 to iOS 5 by using iOS 4 blobs as your "bridge".

There's no other way to get back to a jailbreakable iOS outside of this on the iPad 2. This is not applicable to the iPad 3, 4 or Mini and the iPhone 4S and 5. Strictly the iPad 2.

Most reactions

Latest posts