What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WI-FI sync?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Hi guys

This topic has recently been touched upon numerous times without proper conclusion. some say yes some no. i understand you cant backup, register or upgrade the firmware without being hooked up to itunes, but what about media?
I'm sure before long you'll be able to do all of the above wirelessly, which would be great. means no need to tether to a computer.

Can i, on a non jail breaked device, wirelessly sync (or copy) video and music to my device?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys

This topic has recently been touched upon numerous times without proper conclusion. some say yes some no. i understand you cant backup, register or upgrade the firmware without being hooked up to itunes, but what about media?
I'm sure before long you'll be able to do all of the above wirelessly, which would be great. means no need to tether to a computer.

Can i, on a non jail breaked device, wirelessly sync (or copy) video and music to my device?

Copying videos, music etc from your PC to your iPad can be done over WiFi using GoodReader. It's not exactly synching, but if you want media files on your iPad and don't like iTunes, then GoodReader is the way to go.

Tim

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agree with The Timster.
Goodreader is invaluable, but also take a look at FileBrowser which works with both win and OSX.
I'd also recommend Zumocast but motorola is still sitting on that one :(

Most reactions