1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Wi-fi reception

Discussion in 'iPad FAQ' started by EdMia12, May 27, 2012.

1. EdMia12

EdMia12 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My iPad used to work great, now doesn't pick up my home network . Other computers and my wife's iPad pick it up fine. I have to be next to the router to pick it up. I recently dropped the iPad, and had the glass replaced. Could that fall have affected the wi-fi antenna?
  2. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,314 / 0
    I have heard many members say the same thing after having their glass replaced and have read that it is very easy to damage the wifi antenna when doing this. Was it still working before you had the glass replaced? As it is probably this and not the fall that has done it.
  3. J.Alfuraih

J.Alfuraih iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Another good tip is to download an app called Speedtest (for free). Its actually for iPhone but works on iPad too. It will show you your connection speed which will give you some idea of the condition of your wi-fi from your iPad. Also, make sure you restart your iPad and check all the software is up to date. If none of this helps, I would defiantly go back to Apple and see what can be done.

I sometimes get issues like this with my iPad, and then a day or so later it works fine again. Sometimes I think maybe its my router as we have a lot of devices connected to it. Since then, I got a new (better) router and my iPad is working great again. Just another thing to consider if you are still at a loss :)