What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wi-fi problems

prudy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I'm at my place I have problems connecting to the wi-fi, although around malls it's easier to detect spots. So my problem is that for the past 4 months I could not upgrade my software due to the wi-fi issues.

johnodd4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question???

Which type of router are you using???

Who is our isp???

what channel is your wifi set to?????

here is why if you have a lot of wireless networks around by where you live at you might be conflicting with another router on the same channel as your wifi settings

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My problem before was the architectural design of our house. The walls lowers or hinders the strength of wifi signals. Try relocating your router till you get the best spot and signal.

OP
P

prudy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx for yo response guys, but honestly I feel like u speaking another language, John I have no idea what those things are. I'm just a woman who is hopeless about technical stuff.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
prudy said:
When I'm at my place I have problems connecting to the wi-fi, although around malls it's easier to detect spots. So my problem is that for the past 4 months I could not upgrade my software due to the wi-fi issues.

Prudy...have you or can you try to do this? Power down (unplug) your modem first. Than do the same with your router. Wait a minute...than power on (plug in) modem and than your router. Sometimes doing that helps to reset the modem and router connection.

Also, if you remember your network password for your home wifi...do this. Go to settings/wifi/ and "forget" your wifi network if it locates your home wifi. Than go back to your settings and have it search for it again, type your password in and see if that helps.

OP
P

prudy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok skimonkey I hear what you are saying, but how do I get the password when I'm staying in a complex, there are times when some wi-fi's are detected but the problem is the password, I have no idea how to do that.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wifi networks with passwords are private, and owned by someone who is paying for the service.

If you do not have the password, and are not in a position to ask the owner of the network for it, there is a good chance you should not be on it.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok skimonkey I hear what you are saying, but how do I get the password when I'm staying in a complex, there are times when some wi-fi's are detected but the problem is the password, I have no idea how to do that.

Hi Prudy, having access to wifi within your complex-you should also have access to the security network password. You will need that inorder to keep your iPad logged on. As KevinJS stated, if you are piggybacking on a network that is unknown--that may be the reason for your issues.

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 1, 3G, 32gig, with AT&T unlimited data & wifi available. A few months ago we left our satellite Internet provider in favor of a 4 G AT&T hotspot at home. I don't use wifi often, but was trying to upgrade a large app that required either wifi connection with my iMac, or a hard wire connect. Tried to wifi connect, but was unable to, so wrestled with hard-wire. Finally got hard-wired for update, but would still like to resurrect wifi. Just updated to Lion on iMac & updated iPad OS & the still aren't talking. Help Please.

Most reactions

Latest posts