1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Wi-fi problem

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by tse.amable, Sep 10, 2012.

1. tse.amable

tse.amable iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently replaced the crashed screen of my iPad 2. When I received the device after the fixing of the screen, I noticed my iPad cannot find or join the wifi in my home or office. Sometimes, it can find the wifi but it cannot join it. Other times, the device cannot find any wifi network.

My device has 3G which works perfectly. When I convert my Samsung Galaxy Note into a hotspot, my iPad is able to find and join it.

What is wrong with my iPad and how do I get the problem resolved?

I am in Accra, Ghana and is there is no official Apple Repair Centre which accepts iPads.

Thank you.

Tse Amable
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,043 / 1
    I think that your wifi antenna was damaged when your screen was replaced. Whoever replaced your screen probably caused the damage. If that's the case, the only way to fix it is to have it sent in for repair of the damaged antenna.