What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wi fi no 3G

melvinpervis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if I can use a usb wireless card on my Ipad2 wifi only unit... didn't get the 3G model.... and where I use it most there is no WiFi. new to the Ipad :confused:

Last edited:

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if I can use a usb wireless card on my Ipad2 wifi only unit... didn't get the 3G model.... and where I use it most there is no WiFi. new to the Ipad :confused:

How did you think you would connect the wireless card to the iPad?

There is no way of connecting the card that I know of.

Cya

Reaction score
It is most unlikely to connect a wifi usb card and get it working. The iPad doesn't have the wifi card drivers and you can't install any, as there just aren't any for iOS.

You shouls instead look for something along the lines of a mifi, a device, which connects to 3g and shares this connection via wifi withnother devices. So you would join the mifi's wifi network from your iPad and could thus access the internet.

Jarhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get an iPhone and use the personal wifi hotspot plan and an iPhone is the perfect companion for your iPad.

32gig iPhone 4 Black/16gig iPad 2 Black

kcb764

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good evening all. I do have an Android phone that I rooted and occasionally use the wifi tether. Works fine and I do not live in a full time 3G area.

kb

OP
M

melvinpervis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is most unlikely to connect a wifi usb card and get it working. The iPad doesn't have the wifi card drivers and you can't install any, as there just aren't any for iOS.

You shouls instead look for something along the lines of a mifi, a device, which connects to 3g and shares this connection via wifi withnother devices. So you would join the mifi's wifi network from your iPad and could thus access the internet.
Thanks, that might be the answer... I heard of these I will look into it..:D

OP
M

melvinpervis

iPF Noob
Reaction score

How did you think you would connect the wireless card to the iPad?

There is no way of connecting the card that I know of.

Cya
Thats why I was asking? I wanted to see if they made a cord that went into the docking connector???

Last edited:

bho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Cradlepoint PHS300 and it works OK but it sure would be nice if you could use something like a camera adapter and just plug in the USB wireless adapter directly.

Most reactions