What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wi fi keeps disconecting from mini ipad

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
t connects and within a very short while disconnects again then wont re connect till i take it out to place near the wi fi modem, ipad is in the same room as the mini and it stays connected...is there a setting i can adjust to keep it connected

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
t connects and within a very short while disconnects again then wont re connect till i take it out to place near the wi fi modem, ipad is in the same room as the mini and it stays connected...is there a setting i can adjust to keep it connected

You know, I've been having problems with my wifi just dropping out lately.....I really don't know why and wonder if my problem is with Telstra.....I know they've been doing work in my area for the last month doing upgrades.

My fixes have been to just turn on (wait a few seconds) then turn off Airport Mode (you'll find it in settings, top left). Doing this refreshes the signal.

If it still continues, I reset my router.....if you don't have a reset button, just turn it off and then back on. This normally fixes my issue, so see how you go and let us know.

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Leelai..Ok will it a go with the airport mode so if that helps...

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting it? Sometimes and most of the time it really helps :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My fixes have been to just turn on (wait a few seconds) then turn off Airport Mode (you'll find it in settings, top left). Doing this refreshes the signal.

If it still continues, I reset my router.....if you don't have a reset button, just turn it off and then back on. This normally fixes my issue, so see how you go and let us know.

@ Clermont - you might want to provide us w/ more information: 1) What is the brand/model of your modem & router; 2) Who is your ISP; and 3) Where in your house (my assumption) do you lose the signal, i.e. how many rooms apart, distance, and construction of the walls between the rooms (i.e. signal strength might be an issue).

Resetting your modem and router as suggested above will often restore the signal - just turn off or unplug the power, want a short time, and then replug the modem first and then the router. I do that about once a week and it's usually my ISP getting disconnected so now I just 're-power' the modem. Dave :)

catnap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mini disconnects occasionally and I have to reconnect it in settings. This is my 3rd mini that does this. Nothing helps. I have been in contact with the manufacturerer of my router and tried all their suggestions. I've tried all apple's suggestions. Nothing works.
None of my other devices have any problems. It will disconnect within 5 feet of my router. I notice the mini doesn't pick up nearly as many wifi signals coming from my neighbors as my android tablets. My android tablets pick up 8-10 signals and the mini picks up 2-3.

intillzah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes mine does this, but I just reboot my router and the problem clears itself up. It's my el cheapo android tablet that sometimes has the most problems, but I just reboot that tablet and it'll go on for quite a while with no problems. My mini rarely acts up though (2-3 times a year).

Most reactions

Latest posts