What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wi-Fi and router range

alwinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,I have a Linksys wireless G,2.4 Ghz ,54 Mbps router.My iPad2 ,according to specifications has a Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) adapter.My question is: If I change my router to a type N,would I get enhanced Wi-Fi distance range?,currently in my house I go upstairs and my signal tends to fade to two or one lines.Has anybody here had an experience with these routers?Thanks for any answers.Alberto:confused:

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,I have a Linksys wireless G,2.4 Ghz ,54 Mbps router.My iPad2 ,according to specifications has a Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) adapter.My question is: If I change my router to a type N,would I get enhanced Wi-Fi distance range?,currently in my house I go upstairs and my signal tends to fade to two or one lines.Thanks for any answers.Alberto:confused:

It all depends on your house. Try it and see what happens. If you don't get better range, switch back.

OP
A

alwinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers.I will just have to try an N router,and if no improvement,I will make sure i can give it back,and get a refund.

Alberto

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My current router is a N type and found that I have better reception in the far ends of the house than the previous router, but it is not significantly better.

Sent from my iPad using IPF

OP
A

alwinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My current router is a N type and found that I have better reception in the far ends of the house than the previous router, but it is not significantly better.

Sent from my iPad using IPF

Thanks for your answer!

Alberto

Most reactions

Latest posts