What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why wont youtube videos play on my ipad third generation?

twynxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The update took my youtube app away, and when I access through regular Internet, it won't play the videos.... Any insight?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
YouTube is no longer an integral part of iOS. There are solutions available such as Jasmine and youplayer, both available free from the App Store.

In addition, there is a YouTube app for the iPhone that will work on the iPad.

No idea why videos are not working for you. This is not a general complaint as far as I know.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Apple YouTube app only showed you videos that would play. The desktop version of the YouTube shows you everything, including videos that will not play on the iPad (or in some cases any mobile device).

Besides the apps that Kevin mentioned, you can also visit the mobile version of YouTube at m.youtube.com . This site will only show you what can be played. Most of the time this is what I use. It's not a bad interface, but most serious YouTubers seem to prefer the apps.

Most reactions

Latest posts