What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why wont my ipod work on my ipad?

Docj1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPod says it is connected, but I cannot access it.

Please help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am a little confused by your issue. Do you have a physical iPod connected to your iPad? Because the iPad can't and won't see that iPod to play it. You have to have the music loaded in the iPad, in the Music app, to actually play music like an iPod.

If that's not what you meant, could you explain your issue a bit better? Thanks.

Marilyn

OP
D

Docj1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have it connected, I want to add music to the iPod and also charge it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You cannot connect an iPod to an iPad to sync music and charge it. The two devices are not designed to connect together to transfer music. I believe you can use the CCK to transfer photos from the iPod to the iPad, but that is the only thing you can transfer ... photos.

You have to connect the iPod to iTunes in order to transfer/load music.

Marilyn

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Docj1984 said:
Yes I have it connected, I want to add music to the iPod and also charge it.

The cable provided with the iPad is mated USB on one end and pin connector on the other. How did you connect the iPod to the iPad?

I also think this would be a good feature. Considering both are Apple devices why not allow direct connect via cable or Bluetooth? They don't though and iTunes remains the only way to move objects between devices.

gurkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
The cable provided with the iPad is mated USB on one end and pin connector on the other. How did you connect the iPod to the iPad?

I also think this would be a good feature. Considering both are Apple devices why not allow direct connect via cable or Bluetooth? They don't though and iTunes remains the only way to move objects between devices.

You can connect your iPod to the iPad by using connection kit bought separate but as you say you cannot transfer the music

Most reactions

Latest posts