What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why wont my ipad let me get into the faa.gov website?

casgirard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I try to go to a .gov website
and it tells me that it can't. I can with every other computer. Is there something in the settings I can change?

L

Lunar

I try to go to a .gov website
and it tells me that it can't. I can with every other computer. Is there something in the settings I can change?

I've just tried with both Safari and my Atomic web browser and they work fine from my ipad too.

It may be worth checking permissions in the settings, also check you haven't got Private browsing enabled.. the sites may not like it, if they can't leave cookies ect.

Failing that, It's always worth doing a none-destructive reset/reboot. Hold down the HOME and ON/Off buttons at the same time and don't release until the screen goes blank and the Apple logo re-appears in the centre of the screen.. then release.. it will take a little time to boot, but it does'nt affect any data or settings. but it does seem to fix quite a few iPad quarks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just tried it from the safari browser on my iPad and it worked fine.

OP
C

casgirard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the reset/reboot and that didn't fix it. It says the server can't be found. I have also accepted all cookies and do not have private browser enabled... Any more suggestions.. How do you get atomic browsing instead of safari

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Atomic web browser is available in the APP store.The full version is 99¢ and the lite version is free.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds more like a DNS server issue.

Try going to Settings > Wi-Fi. Select the network by tapping on the blue arrow to the right of where it is listed (network must be available to be listed); then tap Forget this Network at the top.

Go back to the Wi-Fi settings, and select and login to your network again.

This will force the iPad to load new DNS and IP info from the router. Hopefully it will get the same DNS server the other computers on that network.

OP
C

casgirard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried Still didn't work... Don't know what else to do

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is the iPad on the same wireless network as the computers that do work?

When you go to the networks settings as I described before, look at the entry in the DNS field. If you know where to check it on the computers, you can compare and see if they are the same.

Another thing you can try is to manually change the DNS entry. Tap on the field and delete the current entries. Replace them with 8.8.8.8 and see if that helps.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your probably on a different network and the iPad is behind some kind of proxy preventing it possibly a company network?

Most reactions