What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why WHITE?

southpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered two 3Gs online at 4 am Eastern time on 3/11. I intended to order 2 whites because Steve Jobs had said white would be available from day one. When I got online, it said 3 to 5 days for both of them, so I ordered one of each color, so we could tell them apart. I also felt the black may look richer and slightly preferred it.

Turns out the white arrived 5 days earlier than the black. I had given my husband his choice of colors and he didn't care so he got the white.

Now that we have both, to me, the black does look sleeker, so I'm glad I waited the extra days.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i personally love my white version ,,,its very good looking and sleek ,,i also like black but all my devices are black finished which is good but i wanted to change it up this time so i went with white and love it:D

southpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nakedbabytoes said:
Weird thing is that once I decided on white, I had to switch my cover color choice. Black was going to have a red leather cover. But white had to have a colorful poly one. Why? I dunno. My brain thinks it matches better. So I got a lime cover.

You are so right! I had ordered an orange for me thinking my husband would want the black iPad. So now I have a Halloween-looking combo. He has white with light grey, and it is too washed out.

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nakedbabytoes said:
Weird thing is that once I decided on white, I had to switch my cover color choice. Black was going to have a red leather cover. But white had to have a colorful poly one. Why? I dunno. My brain thinks it matches better. So I got a lime cover.

You are so right! I had ordered an orange for me thinking my husband would want the black iPad. So now I have a Halloween-looking combo. He has white with light grey, and it is too washed out.

i have white with the baby blue cover and it looks real nice:D

OP
droid2mac

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wish I could like white. Could have had a white one today, Best Buy stores have them. But I like the way black contrasts with the screen. So I'm still waiting.

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have a 16 gig original ipad and ordered a 32 gig black ipad 2, but changed the order to a white one, wife doesn't know it but she will be getting the black one as a supprise.

Most reactions

Latest posts