What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why update to 4.3.2?

Reaction score
I got a message stating it's out and I've read a few threads about it but nothing about the purpose of the update.
Does it add anything,fix anything, change anything beyond the update #?
thank you

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

OP
Mountainbikermark
Reaction score
Thank you. Never experienced either of the first 2 issues.
My wife has never updated hers above 4.2 . I'm wishing I hadn't either because my wifi is a pain since I did. I was hoping the 4.3.2 would fix what 4.3.1 seems to have messed up.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Last edited:

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
My wife has never updated hers above 4.2 . I'm wishing I hadn't either because my wifi is a pain since I did. I was hoping the 4.3.2 would fix what 4.3.1 seems to have messed up.

Support Our Troops!!

I had the same problems until i followed Tim's suggestions:

"This has resolved many issues and worth a try.
- Sometimes after you perform a upgrade from say iOS 3. to iOS 4.2 *the iPad or iPhone wifi or 3G speeds *may be slow.*
- This is an easy fix which does work. Please do the following:
1. Go to Settings->General->Reset
2. Then select "Reset Network Settings" (this will not erase ur devices content, music, videos, email, etc. It will only erase any WiFi networks you have defined).
3. Once your device completes the action and gives you the normal home screen or Passcode screen, go ahead and power your device down and once you are sure the device is fully powered down wait an additional 60sec to allow internal components to fully discharge.
4. After the 60sec is up, power on your device again and re-add any encrypted WiFi networks you had defined.
5. Enjoy the "back to normal" WiFi and 3G speeds like you had prior to the OS upgrade.*

Since then I have no more Wifi problems.

Hope this works for you as well.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:

Support Our Troops!!

- Sometimes after you perform a upgrade from say iOS 3. to iOS 4.2 *the iPad or iPhone wifi or 3G speeds *may be slow.*
2. Then select "Reset Network Settings" (this will not erase ur devices content, music, videos, email, etc. It will only erase any WiFi networks you have defined).
3. Once your device completes the action and gives you the normal home screen or Passcode screen, go ahead and power your device down and once you are sure the device is fully powered down wait an additional 60sec to allow internal components to fully discharge.
4. After the 60sec is up, power on your device again and re-add any encrypted WiFi networks you had defined.
5. Enjoy the "back to normal" WiFi and 3G speeds like you had prior to the OS upgrade.*

4.3.1 screwed up my wifi as well when using wpa enterprise, tkip/peap/

This trick above sadly doesn't work

OP
Mountainbikermark
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:

Support Our Troops!!

Thanks but I had already tried that before posting . Didn't work and it's not just my home network so unless mine, Martin's and my dads next door neighbor are all having router issues it's my Ipad

Support Our Troops!!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My WiFi on iPad and iPhone 4 are both fine, but since the update, my 3G is absolutely terrible now on my iPhone. I can't use data at work worth a darn. I get one bar now. I just like to check my e-mail quickly on a break and can't even do that now. I reset my network settings and re-booted and it still is crappy. I think my building is not great coverage either but that part of it is also the iPhone as other people get 3G with other AT&T phones and data plans just fine. Another co-worker with iPhone was having some problems too but not as much as mine and don't think has updated yet either. So I think it's part building and part not, and the area itself gets great 3G service. This is not the first time I've had this issue-it happened a few weeks ago too and the last update seemed to mostly fix it save for a few blips. AT&T tells me to check my SIM card for correct positioning and I'm like, why would it be misaligned NOW when I get 4 bars at home usually? But someone else at work with AT&T has no problem with 3G, so I wonder. Makes me glad I don't have 3G on my iPad! I am getting one bar on my iPhone right now at work. I can make calls and get a text, but that's it. Nothing else works in the building now. Ridiculous! And ever since 4.3.2.
Addendum: did another reset of settings and reboot and it's now working in my building reasonably well again. I can get my e-mails again, etc and was getting two to three bars even, though it started to drop to one bar again, although at least the 3G symbol was still there and data was still working.

Last edited:

Fakhry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was upgrade 4.2.1 to 4.3. In 4.3 i have problem with my 3g ..full bars signals, and have 3g symbol, but it can't connect to the internet..must wait for a minute to can connect..after that, i upgrade to 4.3.1 but, it still same problem..
Should i upgrade to 4.3.2 to solve this 3g problem?

OP
Mountainbikermark
Reaction score
4.3.2 did not solve my wifi problem that started in 4.3.1 so I'd recommend against it if that is your only reason for updating.

Support Our Troops!!

Most reactions

Latest posts