What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why no automatic clock on ipad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. . .Will this be corrected in the future or will I have to keep correcting the time?

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

I suppose you could send an email to Steve Jobs and ask. He's been known to make random (very succinct (short and blunt)) replies. :)

Otherwise, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What am I failing to understand about this thread? I have an automatic setting...

EDIT - Sorry, I realise now, this is probably a 3G only option...

I have it and I have wifi too.

Are you sure it's not something you picked up with a jailbreak app? Because as far as I know there is no auto setting on the Wi-Fi model. It's one of the things I really miss from my old 3G iPad 1.

Though I sync often enough that it is rarely off by more than a few seconds.

hmm...that is a good question. I have absolutely no idea.

Where's Leigh?:D

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
[sigh] why are people always so quick to point fingers at the jailbreak? ;)

A quick look at our Marie's signature tells us all she does indeed have a 3G iPad and so the automatic setting is supposed to be there...

Marie dear, you know this! :D

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

A quick look at our Marie's signature tells us all she does indeed have a 3G iPad and so the automatic setting is supposed to be there...

See. I so knew that. So I was okay. Then HALEY and POET, popped along and made me think it was only because of our sweet dear innocent JB, Leigh.

How could they?:D

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

I misunderstood her post to say she had auto-sync and a wi-fi iPad. I can see how I read it wrong now, and seriously, after the first dozen posts by someone I don't pay much attention to the signature. I'm lazy that way. ;)

As for jailbreak, well, it seems to me this is exactly the kind of tweak that is popular. It's one I'd get for my Wi-Fi iPad if I had it jailbroken and it was available. It is also the kind of thing that might be included in a package of minor tweaks

I did try to get a better idea of what was in the Cydia store the other day, but all I could find was a site obviously designed for the iPhone, and no search ability. I'm afraid my laziness kicked in again, so I did't work my way through the apps one by one. :D

JWKessler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something no one has mentioned on this topic is that starting with IOS 5, the iPad will no longer need to synch to a PC or Mac. You can just buy one and use it without a computer. That would imply there will be some sort of time synching through WiFi on the new OS.

Most reactions