What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why keep hung up when I play Itune om my iPad

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

My iPad ver 4.2.1 when I click on Itune , it work fine, but when I try to access Stanford iOS programming , I select the track 3 , and click on the arrow to view the movie. I notic the app just close by itself.

I also have iphone which is JB ver 4.3.3 , it can run well have no issue, just my iPad.

So I think it should be my the issue of my Itune , may I know how to upgrade or delete and reinstall the app again ?

All other app run well except Itune.

Paul

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is only one "true" way to upgrade a stock app such as iPod/iTunes - upgrade the iOS. As you are on iOS 4.2.1, that is very old in Apple time...

So, you essentially have two options:

1) Plug the iPad into iTunes and click upgrade. This will install iOS 4.3.4 on the iPad

2) If you are jailbroken, and have saved your SHSH blobs, you can upgrade to iOS 4.3.3, which is the latest jail broke version. There's plenty of stickies to explain this process ... once you read them, if you have questions, give us a shout.

A note about jail breaking. If your iPad is jailbroke and you wish to remove the jail break and move up to the latest Apply iOS (4.3.4), do not do step 1 above. You have to do a DFU restore on your iPad first - step 1 will just cause troubles without it.

This is probably way more info than you wanted. Ultimately, it's your decision, but I'd recommend you upgrade your iOS, whether its to stock or the latest jail broken version (if you can). Then, your iPad will probably run much better. Whichever your decision, there are plenty of stickies to help guide you through the process. Plus, we are just a keyboard "enter" away - give us a shout should you need to.

Good luck.

Marilyn

P.S. Well, actually, there's a third way ... stay on iOS 4.2.1 and just keep re-booting the iPad when you have troubles. But, it's still an old iOS that'll just get older. So, I'd go with upgrading...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts