What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Jobs Flash explanation doesn't make sense

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone realize that most of the whining arguments demanding and feeling entitled to Flash on their iPad belong on whitewhine?

Last edited:

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mr. Reseller said:
Flash won't be dying anytime soon. In a year most tablets will have flash apple won't.

It may be the case that in a year most MODELS of tablets will have Flash support but there is almost _zero_ chance that most tablets will have it. Does anyone really believe that the tablets with Flash support are going to outsell the iPad 2 by more than 15,000,000 units this year? That's what it would take for most tablets to have Flash support. I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to anyone who believes that will happen ;)

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
This thread is screaming to be closed.
Yep. I think there should be a special "NUKE" button just for Flash debate threads.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
There is!

horse.gif

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This thread is pure entertainment
...... or therapy.

And besides Flash is a ridiculous name for a narcoleptic horse.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hasty said:
This thread is pure entertainment
...... or therapy.

And besides Flash is a ridiculous name for a narcoleptic horse.

It's only cool if you wear an all-red spandex suit with a gold lightning bolt on the chest and you can run at sub-light speeds.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here...this should make the Android fanboys and iOS-without-Flash grumpies happy:

Attachments

• image-4050434384.png
    image-4050434384.png
    334.7 KB · Views: 160

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The sad reality is that there are too many people that think whining will get them what they want. An example is that when Apple came out with the new MacBook Air, the Microsoft lovers wanted one. Well, Samsung has done just that. It has a faster processor, backlit keys, and USB 3.0. Trouble is, it cost $350 more, and even though the battery life is rated the same, testing shows that the Samsung last 2 hours less than the MBA. And in speed comparisons, the two were evenly matched despite the Samsung faster processor. In June, expect the MBA to get the Thunder port which will be a faster connection and more flexible.

For the next few years, the iPad is expected to maintain 80% market share of tablets. And it is going to never support Flash. More and more people are trading in their laptops for iPads. 20% of the market will be using iPhones, without Flash support. And do not forget the iPod Touch which is essentially the small factor iPad.

And what would happen if Apple got realy serious about killing Flash. The truth is that they have effectively done so, but even so, with a minor portion of their reserve cash, they could buy Adobe and relegate Flash to history.

Reaction score
Soap box on.
The petroleum based engine is old outdated technology yet is still ,unfortunately, relevant to many many people on this planet. I would love to be able to use an alternative fuel source for my driving needs but the choices at this point are limited. Put my wife, 5 children and myself in a smart car to go on a trip? Not gonna happen. I don't know about your town but propane, liquid nitrogen,e85, etc fuel stations aren't available within 50+ miles of mine.
A Xoom isn't ready for prime time yet, plain and simple so we have to tolerate what is available and choose no Flash or no performance. That's our choices.
The iwhatever doesn't support Flash, big deal right? If you dont like that just go out and get a Galaxy or Xoom right? That's the best answer to the concern of outdated technology still being needed by many?
To resort to character assassination and dismissive comments about people's concern is why some get the impressions they get, whether about politics, religion, Apple, Microsoft , Android, you name it. I'm not suggesting anyone has to agree but at the same time instead of cuts, suggest, as some have, alternatives. I am very dissatisfied with iswifter and will be trying out the Puffin browser thanks to some suggesting it.
Soap box off

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
This thread is screaming to be closed.

Please Marie , just another day or two ... Flash is our G spot . :)))))))

Sent from my Blackberry...nah...just kidding

Most reactions