What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why is it cloud one way?

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 1st gen. iPad with ios5. why when I open iTunes on my laptop pc the apps, songs, podcast I down loaded onto my iPad transfer to my pc. but podcast, apps, songs I down loaded onto my pc don't show up to transfer to my iPad?

through cloud no cable connected.

T

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iCloud has little to do with iTunes on your computer.

It's a direct service to your iOS device, and in many ways it is meant to replace the iTunes program on the computer for those that don't want it, or don't need everything that program can do. If you still want things to work with iTunes, you can, but you will have to use the cable (or new wireless syncing) as usual.

The stuff you are seeing show up is probably one of the few links between iCloud and iTunes. If you go into iTunes Preferences > Store, you will see that you can turn iBooks, Music, and Apps to automatically download there when they are purchased on other iOS devices. If you want that to work the other way around go to Settings > Store on the iPad and turn the same services on.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCloud has little to do with iTunes on your computer.

It's a direct service to your iOS device, and in many ways it is meant to replace the iTunes program on the computer for those that don't want it, or don't need everything that program can do. If you still want things to work with iTunes, you can, but you will have to use the cable (or new wireless syncing) as usual.

I like this! Not that you need anymore "likes!"

:)

Most reactions