What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why I can't read .epub book?

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.
I was Kindle book reader for a while. I used to download .mobi book and read it on my Kindle Fire. Now I am iPad ebook reader :)
I installed 2 reader apps: Kindle and Ebook reader. I could read my .mobi book only in Kindle app. It looks to me that Ebook Reader has better interface but it does not read .mobi. Well than I downloaded the same book but in .epub format.
unfortunately Ebook Reader does not open it. I am confused because doc states that iPad should read .epub format.
What I am doing wrong?
Thanks in advance

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what app are you opening the book with your ipad...are you using the native iBook app? it has a view for pdf files or ebooks

OP
S

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dMog said:
what app are you opening the book with your ipad...are you using the native iBook app? it has a view for pdf files or ebooks

Hi
From Apple store I downloaded application 'Ebook Reader' and trying to open .epub book using that app.
Maybe I should better download iBook app?

OP
S

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
susja said:
Hi
From Apple store I downloaded application 'Ebook Reader' and trying to open .epub book using that app.
Maybe I should better download iBook app?

Well when I tried to open it in iBook it worked fine. I think I'll just remove Ebook Reader and it looks to me that the same book looks much nicer in iBook than in Kindle.
Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From where did you down load the actual .epub book? Because many publishers sell books that only work with their apps. This is due to Digital Rights Management (DRM) which is coding in the e-book for copyright reasons.

So, once we know from where the e-book came from, we might can better help.

Marilyn

OP
S

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
From where did you down load the actual .epub book? Because many publishers sell books that only work with their apps. This is due to Digital Rights Management (DRM) which is coding in the e-book for copyright reasons.

So, once we know from where the e-book came from, we might can better help.

Marilyn

Thanks for your reply but since it works fine wit iBook. I am all set.
Thanks again

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Susja,

I'm not sure if you also have a PC, but if you do, you might think about downloading and learning to use Calibre... an e-book (my generic term for downloadable books) management and converting program. Look it up and I'm sure you will be interested.

Most reactions