What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't some songs show up on iTunes?

imember

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a song from iTunes and want to gift it to someone else. If I use my computer the song will probably show up, but my question is....why will this song not show up when I search for it in iTunes on my iPad? (Yes, I typed it in correctly)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What song? If you don't mind saying. We can take a look on our iPads and computers to see if it's just you, or everyone.

OP
I

imember

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The song is "His Eye is on the Sparrow" by Rozlyn Sorrell. Thanks for looking it up for me.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wow! I got more than 900 songs searching for the title.

That was a bit too much to scroll through so I added the artist and searched for 'his eye is on the sparrow rozlyn sorrell'. The song popped up immediately on both the computer and iPad.

That was a lot to type into the iPad search box, making no mistakes, so I tried searching for Rozlyn Sorrell. I chose the quick complete when it showed up under the search box. There seems to be only one album, "I've Got to Sing My Song", and it's the first track.

I can't see any reason it would not show up for you.

All I can suggest is giving it another try.

Addendum:

Gifting just reappeared as a feature in the iPad's iTunes Store. I had not played with it since, so I took a look. From what I can see you can't gift individual songs unless they are singles. Every attempt I made resulted in gifting the entire album (which I carefully canceled before done). It's still possible to gift just one song in iTunes on the computer.

OP
I

imember

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just pasted in what you typed in (his eye is on the sparrow rozlyn sorrell) and waaa-laaa it worked! I don't understand why just typing in her name doesn't show anything, not even her album?

Thanks so much for helping me! I've had this problem a lot with iTunes on the iPad. I just have to do more typing I suppose. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad to help.

It only takes one small mistake to ruin a search. I accidentally typed an 's' instead a 'z' a couple times, and the double 'r' and double 'l' almost got me as well.

This is why I keep an eye out for the auto-complete below the search box. As soon as I see what I'm searching for pop up, I tap it; lazy me.

OP
I

imember

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i like that auto-fill feature too! But I've had this trouble with iTunes just on the iPad....and, interestingly I have the same trouble with Netflix but only on the iPad. It's like these programs are not the full programs (Apps) like we see on the computer. Oh well, what would we do w/o mysteries in the world? LOL

Thanks again! Have a good day and a very Merry Christmas to all of you!

RivetingRosieGal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. New to forum and not certain how to post a new thread. I would like to gift a playlist from my iPad music app or iTunes app on iPad. Is this possible? Thanks!
RivetingRosieGal

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello. New to forum and not certain how to post a new thread. I would like to gift a playlist from my iPad music app or iTunes app on iPad. Is this possible? Thanks! RivetingRosieGal
Here's the tutorial for the app, including a link to it in App Store: http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html
It will show you how to start a thread as well.

You can't gift playlists from your iPad. It's possible to gift songs/albums through iTunes Store on your device.
Open the album/song you'd like to gift, then tap the icon at the top right:

image-3513644225.jpg

Choose "Gift" (arrow). To be able to send a gift, you need a payment method other than "None".

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts