WHy don't i have any shsh

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by johnnychimpo, Jan 3, 2012.

1. johnnychimpo

johnnychimpo iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got a brand new ipad 2 came with ios 3.4.5 i figure i would update it so i would have blobs ready for next update
    but when i use tinyumbrell after i updated to 5.0.1 it says that apple is no longer signing 5.0.1b what up with that am i mission something? so i don't have blobs for 3.4.5 or 5.0.1

2. addiosamigo

addiosamigo iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    You only get the blobs if you were previously Jailbroken on that particular iOS, so if you Jailbroke 3.0 you would have blobs for 3 if you saved the blobs before 3.1 came out. So if you jailbreak 5.0.1 cydia will save this blob.

3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +636 / 0
    sounds like you may not have used TU properly. Follow our tutorial here (the options and order you do them in are important) - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

You can ALWAYS get blobs for the current firmware from Apple (so 5.0.1 today). It has nothing to do with whether you are jailbroken or what is installed on your device. You probably just tried to retrieve them from Cydia rather than Apple. Follow the guide and you will be fine.

Full details on blobs are here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/59291-shsh-blobs-faq-new-improved-2012-a.html

Hope that helps.