What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't apps download from the app store?

Videoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings ... I have an iPad Mini 4 and am having difficulty downloading apps from the app store. I go into the app store and locate the app I want to download, then click "get" ... but then the downloading wheel just spins endlessly ... and it doesn't matter which app I choose ... am I perhaps doing something wrong? ... any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated ... TIA :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

A few things to try:
Check your Wi-Fi connection: try streaming a video to see whether or not it loads quickly.

Connect to a different Wi-Fi, and see if that solves the problem.

Restart your device - just turn it off and on again.

If you still have problems downloading apps, go to the Settings app, select your name - iTunes & App Store, tap your Apple ID and sign out. Then restart your iPad, and sign in again.

In Settings - General - Date & Time, make sure you’ve got the right time zone. If “Set Automatically” is enabled, turn it off, then restart your iDevice, and turn this feature on again.

In Settings - Wi-Fi, disconnect by selecting “Forget this Network”. Then set up your Wi-Fi again.

One more option would be to reset all settings in Settings - General - Reset. This will set back everything to default, but you won’t lose any data. You’ll have to see through the Settings app afterwards, and select what you prefer.

If you also get a message about billing or payment, take a look at Apple’s instructions:
If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store

Hope that helps.

OP
V

Videoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi J.A.

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately I have tried all of these including "reset all settings" but am still unable to download and install any app ... after tapping "get" next to the app, the little wheel still just spins endlessly ... I'm out of ideas.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi J.A.

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately I have tried all of these including "reset all settings" but am still unable to download and install any app ... after tapping "get" next to the app, the little wheel still just spins endlessly ... I'm out of ideas.

Well, you're posting in the Mini 4 forum, so assume that is your device - if you've indeed tried ALL of Johanna's steps, then you may need to visit the Genius Bar at an Apple store, if close to you - but just to 'double check' have you gotten on another Wi-Fi site successfully and tried to do a download? If that also failed, then you need some professional advice. Dave :)

OP
V

Videoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No I haven't tried on another Wi-Fi site but will do and then if it still doesn't work I will let the Apple Store check it out ... thanks :)

OP
V

Videoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I've just tried a different WiFi site ... same result ... wheel just spins endlessly and cannot even download a simple app like Uber ... guess I will try an Apple Store and see what they have to say.

Most reactions

Latest posts