What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why doesn't ipad2 support html 5?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you head on over to the Hacking forum on this site there are a couple of sticky (always at the top of the list) threads about jailbreaking whys, hows, and whats. That would answer your questions faster than I can here. Besides, I don't know much myself. There are good reasons for jailbreaking, but none of them apply to me at the moment so I haven't dug into the details.

OP
G

gdg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, I just realized there is forum for this. Very interesting. I'm now in the process of reading through the 10 pages of "Jailbreak Explained".

OP
G

gdg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I think I might be hooked.

I was trying to watch Glee which has 5 episodes available at any given time.

Netflix? Hulu plus+?

Or perhaps once jailbreak comes out for iPad2.....check out "glee mobile" from cydia. Allows you to stream/download episodes for freeeeeeee.

Using "Glee Mobile" can one legally download all of the Glee episodes without commercials in HD? I'd love to thumb my nose at Apple's attempts to gouge the consumer so if this kind of thing is possible I'd be all over jailbreaking the moment it becomes possible.

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Netflix? Hulu plus+?

Or perhaps once jailbreak comes out for iPad2.....check out "glee mobile" from cydia. Allows you to stream/download episodes for freeeeeeee.

Using "Glee Mobile" can one legally download all of the Glee episodes without commercials in HD? I'd love to thumb my nose at Apple's attempts to gouge the consumer so if this kind of thing is possible I'd be all over jailbreaking the moment it becomes possible.

I researched the iPad 2 before I purchased it, thus I knew what it could and could not do. Am extremely pleased with my purchase and find the price of apps pretty reasonable.

Can you elaborate on how Apple is gouging me?

OP
G

gdg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To begin with all forms of entertainment are moving to the internet. Music was first and now movies and TV are following. These industries are all bent out of shape about pirating yet, instead of taking advantage of the new medium and passing on the savings that they clearly are able to realize in not having to make and distribute dvds, they choose to try and squeeze every last penny out of the consumer. Why should I pay the same price as a dvd for a lower quality compressed movie that saves the distribution company money when I download it (instead of renting the disc)? Worse... Apple has the nerve to price TV shows that the networks willingly make available for free on line at a higher price (per minute) than a Hollywood blockbuster. Their greed is going to drive people to seek alternatives such as pirating or jailbreak apps that allow one to access this stuff.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to be clear - iPad Forum does not condone any form of piracy or 'cracking' of apps or the downloading of illegally obtained movies and will not tolerate any discussion of such activities.

Tim

OP
G

gdg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you were following the thread you would know that I'm not attempting to learn about pirating or "cracking" apps. I think I made it crystal clear that I am simply considering jailbreaking my iPad2 in order to use apps like "Glee Mobile" that allow one to access the free (and legal) content on the web that Apple chooses to gouge people on.

OP
G

gdg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ps.

When I said "jailbreak" apps I meant apps that were only available on a jailbroken iPad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I apologise if I offended you. My comment wasn't directed at you but it was simply a general note to everyone reading the thread. We moderate dozens of posts a day that refer to pirating apps and movies and it was simply a reminder to Members about the rules.

Once again, I offer my sincerest apologies if I offended you - it wasn't intentional.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
gdg said:
To begin with all forms of entertainment are moving to the internet. Music was first and now movies and TV are following. These industries are all bent out of shape about pirating yet, instead of taking advantage of the new medium and passing on the savings that they clearly are able to realize in not having to make and distribute dvds, they choose to try and squeeze every last penny out of the consumer. Why should I pay the same price as a dvd for a lower quality compressed movie that saves the distribution company money when I download it (instead of renting the disc)? Worse... Apple has the nerve to price TV shows that the networks willingly make available for free on line at a higher price (per minute) than a Hollywood blockbuster. Their greed is going to drive people to seek alternatives such as pirating or jailbreak apps that allow one to access this stuff.

You do realize that for the most part it is the networks, not Apple that sets those prices?

OP
G

gdg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops, my bad. I've gotten used to forums where people are seemingly always looking for trouble. Please excuse the chip on my shoulder.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oops, my bad. I've gotten used to forums where people are seemingly always looking for trouble. Please excuse the chip on my shoulder.

:D We try to be friendlier here, and most of the time we succeed. Much of that is about being willing to forgive each other when we do, occasionally, get a bit testy.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Netflix? Hulu plus+?

Check for yourself...
Goto Glee Mobile - Watch Glee on your iPhone or iPod touch! :D
You will need a browser with download capability to view...
No ipad version yet....still the episodes don't look half bad....and atleast it's free and no jb required....

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts