What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does utube sometimes work on my iPad2?

Spinnor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Normally when I try to watch a utube video on my iPad it does not work, but sometimes it does. Could someone make sense of this?

Thanks for any help!

Using my pad.

Edit, should have mentioned that it is utube from Google and not the utube app on my ipad2 desktop.

Last edited:

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Normally when I try to watch a utube video on my iPad it does not work, but sometimes it does. Could someone make sense of this?

Thanks for any help!

Using my pad.

Edit, should have mentioned that it is utube from Google and not the utube app on my ipad2 desktop.

So,
You're trying to view YouTube from a google browser via safari?
I thought apple was not supporting. FLV files in safari?

OP
S

Spinnor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should have been more specific. I use Atomic Web brouser, load Google, click on their You Tube link and from there I can sometimes watch You Tube videos but I have to make what seems rapid, random touches to my screen ( hit play, hit pause, hit the screen, hit play... ect in rapid succession, seems Google is teasing me) to only sometimes get the video to work, most time I just get the warning to get flash player, but sometimes it works, for real, very strange.

I would like it to work all the time.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Flash is not supported on iPad...so if there is still flash on youtube they will never play. I never have problems using the app, though.

OP
S

Spinnor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can get it to play some times. Just wondered why.

Most reactions

Latest posts