What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why does people dont interested in Verzion Ipad 2?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who freakin' cares but the iPad owner? Isn't this like asking "which is better, Coke or Pepsi?"
It's all what works for the individual owner. Not everything is about resale value or international usage. I don't care what resale value my minivan can get, I only care if it works for me & my family. I don't care what channels I can watch in London since I have zero plans on going there.
Point is this: we make choices. We make choices based on many things important to the INDIVIDUAL. Verizon vs AT&T. Does my choice matter to anyone else but me? Should it? Nope. To each his own. Choice is a beautiful thing.
Whoa NBT!

I hope whatever it is your are drinking, its either

CaffeineFreeDietCoke.jpg
or
pepsi-free.jpg

2687156348_0bd0e6f4d0.jpg

(But I do happen to agree with you!)

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who freakin' cares but the iPad owner? Isn't this like asking "which is better, Coke or Pepsi?"
It's all what works for the individual owner. Not everything is about resale value or international usage. I don't care what resale value my minivan can get, I only care if it works for me & my family. I don't care what channels I can watch in London since I have zero plans on going there.
Point is this: we make choices. We make choices based on many things important to the INDIVIDUAL. Verizon vs AT&T. Does my choice matter to anyone else but me? Should it? Nope. To each his own. Choice is a beautiful thing.

I matters if the Coke version only works in USA while the Pepsi version is compatible with world-wide cellular 3G networks.

With the Verizon CDMA version, you are unlikely to be able to use 3G anywhere in the world

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I matters if the Coke version only works in USA while the Pepsi version is compatible with world-wide cellular 3G networks.

With the Verizon CDMA version, you are unlikely to be able to use 3G anywhere in the world

It's much more important to me that I can just use it anywhere in New England. :)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nakedbabytoes said:
Here's the way I see it.
Let everybody else buy the AT&T iPad. Frees up more date for me on Verizon. I have yet to go overseas & probably never will unless on vacation, and then why would I take my iPad? Doesn't seem like very much a vacation from it all. I was having second thoughts at first about if I made the wrong decision. But now that everybody else is choosing AT&T(which in my opinion is craptastic as a cell provider), let them all crowd the popular carrier with traffic while I cruise down the open road.

I know 5 people 4 whom are couples who traveled Europe and took the ipad with them 3 were 3G wifi In every case they came back excited at how the ipad made traveling more enjoyable and far more useful. than a net book not to mention battery life. They user a variety of apps to locate accommodation , language converter Apps find restaurants Uploaded picts from cameras all of which made it easy. All they did was buy prepaid cards in Europe and used wifi where possible In saying that many people like to go away and shut down mo phones no tb no computers. But that is different

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stefx said:

The point of my post was that it doesn't matter to me if I can't use it in Europe nor if the resale value of the AT& T one will be higher.
If I like Coke I'll drink Coke, than you very much. I don't care what the French drink.
Does my choice matter to anyone but myself? Why do you care so much about what other people do?
Is Verizon the wrong choice? Wrong for who exactly? I know I researched the crap outta my $829 purchase before I made it. If other people didn't, too bad for them. I can sleep at night.
Not everyone has the same purchase criteria.

Point of my post. Moving on...

Still had to clarify it for others who could have been misled. They need to know about this CDMA vs GSM issue, or they could end up making an expensive mistake.

You're still asking "Verizon is the wrong choice for who, exactly?" even though it was explained several times in previous posts that the Verizon CDMA is the wrong choice for those who want to be able to use their iPad in other countries.

Yep for those who don't plan/want to use the 3G in oher countries, the Verizon CDMA iPad is an option. For the other US buyers who want to use the 3G in other countries, you need the GSM iPad.

It's just a fact based on compatibility, no emotion behind it.

DevinB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DevinB - off topic, but how will you mount your iPad and which gps app will you use that uses pre-stored maps?

The GPS function of the iPad is one of my main reasons for ordering it... and I want to use it off road and even hiking... seeing maps on that large screen should be an experience. I'll also need to find a good cover -- I'd like one that protects and also is rain proof... preferable closes so drizzle/rain won't get the iPad wet.

I haven't worked out the particulars yet (waiting for Otterbox to release a cover for the iPad 2 first) but I really like Ram Mounts for mounting. I drive a Jeep Wrangler that's pretty beat up, so I have a lot of options for mounting since I won't care what I have to drill into to mount the base, whether it be dash board or center console. As for the GPS app, Motion-X looks amazing. Although it makes you pay a base fee then a monthly subscription, I think it'll be worth it. Besides, I'll only pay the monthly fee in the summer when I'm using my jeep.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stefx said:

The point of my post was that it doesn't matter to me if I can't use it in Europe nor if the resale value of the AT& T one will be higher.
If I like Coke I'll drink Coke, than you very much. I don't care what the French drink.
Does my choice matter to anyone but myself? Why do you care so much about what other people do?
Is Verizon the wrong choice? Wrong for who exactly? I know I researched the crap outta my $829 purchase before I made it. If other people didn't, too bad for them. I can sleep at night.
Not everyone has the same purchase criteria.

Point of my post. Moving on...

Still had to clarify it for others who could have been misled. They need to know about this CDMA vs GSM issue, or they could end up making an expensive mistake.

You're still asking "Verizon is the wrong choice for who, exactly?" even though it was explained several times in previous posts that the Verizon CDMA is the wrong choice for those who want to be able to use their iPad in other countries.

Yep for those who don't plan/want to use the 3G in oher countries, the Verizon CDMA iPad is an option. For the other US buyers who want to use the 3G in other countries, you need the GSM iPad.

It's just a fact based on compatibility, no emotion behind it

I agree. Well said ~ good post.:)

Most reactions