What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does apple block what the iPad can do?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can still install Windows/Linux on your mac if you choose to....and you can install any number of 3rd party applications....but the closed hardware system provides a MUCH better user experience all around!

Sure, until you want to upgrade the hardware and then you are simply out of luck. Breathing new life into a Mac must equal buying a new system? Seems crazy to me, especially at the prices you pay for that closed system.

Really? Like when I added another 4gb ram and 2 tb hd space. Or when I changed out the graphics card? Or when I added an esata card??? If u think you can't upgrade a mac then you've never used one!!

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can still install Windows/Linux on your mac if you choose to....and you can install any number of 3rd party applications....but the closed hardware system provides a MUCH better user experience all around!

Sure, until you want to upgrade the hardware and then you are simply out of luck. Breathing new life into a Mac must equal buying a new system? Seems crazy to me, especially at the prices you pay for that closed system.

Really? Like when I added another 4gb ram and 2 tb hd space. Or when I changed out the graphics card? Or when I added an esata card??? If u think you can't upgrade a mac then you've never used one!!

Fair point. The only "Mac" I have used is one I built myself so that probably doesn't count. I still believe your upgrade options are much more limited in the Apple world however. Can you swap out your motherboard and CPU at will? Did your have a free choice at any graphics card or just one supported by Apple? I freely admit that I don't have an actual Apple brand Mac but I do have OS X and I know upgrading hardware is much more limited. Whether that is good or bad is another topic.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts