What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do you prefer iPad to iphone?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MattIM said:
I don't think you are in the minority or maybe you and I are the only ones who think that phones should be used to talk on? Every once in awhile I get curious about iPhones and what all the hoopla is about but that is about as far as I go. I use a Motorola Razr, it has the ability to be a smart phone but I do not use it for anything else but to talk to someone. In fact when someone calls me, I let it go to voicemail and if they leave a message I'll call them back. I spend too much of my workday on the phone, I do not want to spend another minute on the phone off work.

Phones are for talking? Hah, if an alien landed here and saw what people do with phones they'd come to the conclusion that they are NOT a verbal communication device. :). Its not even an eyesight thing, it's simply a size thing. And, size does matter when it comes to screens. Look at how big our TVs have gotten or how big computer monitors are now. But with phones, it's going the other way. Hey, whatever.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I se my iPad and iPhone for essentially different things. The iPhone 4S is a great phone, but I love my iPad for Echofon, reading the news, games, etc. If I had to pick one, I guess I'd go with my iPad. :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Phones are for talking? Hah, if an alien landed here and saw what people do with phones they'd come to the conclusion that they are NOT a verbal communication device. :). Its not even an eyesight thing, it's simply a size thing. And, size does matter when it comes to screens. Look at how big our TVs have gotten or how big computer monitors are now. But with phones, it's going the other way. Hey, whatever.

Many people consume content via phone, especially in developing countries, where many people have limited computer access. But it does boil down to an eyesight thing at some point, because no matter how much you might want to use a smart phone, you're going to be thwarted if your (typically old) eyes fail you, lol.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I had no other means of watching content then I would happily use my phone for such a purpose. But as I have other better options, I don't

skatejolly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The invention of the iPad was one of those rare moments in which Apple convinced the market that a “third device†(something you carry in addition to your laptop and smart phone) was not only viable, it was vital. I can remember the days before the iPad (2009, talk about ancient).

Most reactions

Latest posts