What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people buy paid apps when free ones offers same/better features?

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
They might as well not post a comment if all they can write is it's the best or it sucks with no elaboration

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Oh man, I agree, those are the worst!

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SingingSabre said:
I know a ton of digital artists and all of them use a stylus for sketching and things like that. It's the difference between drawing and finger painting. ;)

Aw, but Picasso and Degas famously said it's important for artists to paint like a child. ;)

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mobi1 said:
Here is my favorite list

Sketchbook Express - very powerful sketch app (I do understand Sketchbook Pro offers more but some other paid apps doesn't seem offer comparable free features).

Adobe Ideas - my 2nd favorite, quite good

Simplenote/Plain text/Notekata - there are many paid text editors!

Team Viewer HD - why someone needs paid Logme in?

Terra web, atomic lite - why someone needs a paid browser (when you get Safari too for free)?

Springpad - works fine offline. But Evernote works only for premium customers!

Gotasks, wunderlist, Neatlist, Jotlist - works beautifully. Why one needs to pay for a todo list?? (Springpad and free outliners can also offer todo list) GoTasks/Jotlist offer nested lists as well. Jot list can even do a summation of amounts!

Idea Sketch - so cool for flowcharts.

Sundry notes - text, sketch/draw, record audio, multiple pages etc. Quite good for note taking

Flipboard, Zite, Pulse etc. - wonderful news/magazines. What paid ones do better?

Tune in radio - yes, they have a paid version too but free one is wonderful

I'm leaving games altogether because that's completely different segment.

Thanks mobi. I'm populating my new ipad and there's a few here I haven't heard about - very useful.

Flipboard was the first one I did. I love the format, still, and it's great for collating my favourrite artists blogs and reading them like a magazine but find it's not easy to find feeds. I hope they improve it some more and allow more than the current 21 feeds.

Would you pay for it if they made it better?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Have you seen the Nomad brush? A bit pricey, especially when you add shipping from US to UK. But they have a nice long uniform handle and no pocket clip thing.

I mean, in traditional painting you might use a combination of brush, finger, blade, rag and whatever else. You're right, we're all different, otherwise it'd be boring.

yes, i own one :)

Most reactions

Latest posts