What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do Apple limit iPad calendar alerts to 2 days max?

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How long do you want?
I can't think of ever needing even two days notice of an upcoming event.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to write a one-hundred page report for Friday - I need more than two days to remind me to start on that....:(

That's why I use Pocket Informant HD - there's no such limit in that app..:D

Tim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I agree, 2 days is never enough for me.......I use Smart Pad (Pocket Informant does a similar job) to manage my calendar now, loads of options for setting alerts as you want them.

The Archangel

OP
Flotzie

Flotzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
K1W1 said:
How long do you want?
I can't think of ever needing even two days notice of an upcoming event.

BACS Banking transfers (which I do a lot) take 3-5 working days. So I need a weeks notice of a payment date. And no I can't use sanding orders or direct debits in this instance.

I don't think it would be beyond the bounds of possibility for Apple to add a 1 week, 2 week, and 1 month alert options.

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, 2 days isn't enough. I'd like an option of 5 days, 1 week, and 2 weeks. If I need to snailmail something 5 days would come in very handy.

Bimjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PITA, but you could always make multiple entries at different intervals. Or, make it a repeating entry at whatever interval and delete it when you're done.

Kludgy, but there ya are. ;)

OP
Flotzie

Flotzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to contact Apple and ask if extra alert timescales could be added in a future update? Or would I be wasting my time trying to contact them?

Most reactions