What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why did you jailbreak?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was wondering how long it would take till a post got moderated on this thread. :D
Wellll it wasn't 1tweak that made me decide but the culmination of tweaks that I found useful. Why a limit on #of apps per folder, why can't I rename app names if too long, why can't I move more than 1icon to another page or when adding to folders,...etc...etc....just simple things like that.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
It's the specific tweaks that make life easier for me. Also, you don't void your warranty. You can always revert right back to apple software by reloading from itunes.

If your stupid enough to walk into the apple store with it jailbroken, yes. :D

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Was wondering how long it would take till a post got moderated on this thread. :D
Wellll it wasn't 1tweak that made me decide but the culmination of tweaks that I found useful. Why a limit on #of apps per folder, why can't I rename app names if too long, why can't I move more than 1icon to another page or when adding to folders,...etc...etc....just simple things like that.

Exactly. Me too. It's all just the simple stuff that it should already do.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pichon617 said:
Come on people let's be honest u don't download cracked apps or tweaks

That's BS if u answer NO

Sent from my JB iPad using iPF

She doesn't. And neither does anybody else on this forum I know. We have morals here and believe people deserve to get paid for something they worked hard on.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I just know you are not insinuating you steal apps. Are you? That is illegal and a forbidden topic on this forum. Better read the rules. :)

Don't be a pirate!

SO U PAY FOR EVERY TWEEK U DOWNLOAD FROM CYDIA

No, because most tweaks are FREE. Mostly it's the apps that cost money and yes I have bought a handful from the Cydia store, my favorite is Intelliscreen. Also, it was already mentioned that discussion of piracy is not allowed and can get the thread closed or you banned so it's best to not even mention it.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pichon617 said:

That's BS if u answer NO

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are treading a very dangerous path if you continue like this... Shouting at a mod is not OK. Play by the rules, or don't play at all please.

Last edited:

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The discussion of obtaining paid apps for free will stop now. If there are any more discussions that follow you will receive 1 month away from the Forum.

Reaction score
Writing about pirating on public forums is sooo last century.
Even as dumb as I am I know you don't even bring up the subject in public.
Geez what are you only 12?
I DO NOT jailbreak out of fear. Yes I know it is unwarranted but fear nonetheless.
As best as I understand it is next to impossible to brick the devices now but I come from an old school where any wrong direction or forgetting a step could end up giving the owner a nice fancy paper weight and I didn't get my phone or tablet for free so I'm not willing to take the chance.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pichon617 said:

That's BS if u answer NO

She doesn't. And neither does anybody else on this forum I know. We have morals here and believe people deserve to get paid for something they worked hard on.

Thank you, Grayson, you are wise beyond your years.....

Tim

Oops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I JB for the customization options... Plus for things like mxtube etc

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a JB iPhone 3GS when I first bought it- Didn't like it very much so I reverted to stock. I found that I have never had use for a JB very much. And so began my time of playing within Apple's beautiful, safe, walled garden. XP Haha, I may be trying on my iPad 2 soon though. Just to see what it's like. ;)

Most reactions