Why did you get an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Tonks, Feb 10, 2012.

1. RAC

RAC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I bought my iPad 1 to replace the notebook sitting on my coffee table mainly for use as a web browser.

It can run for hours on one charge, no wires, no keyboard, instant start up, no moving parts that are sensitive to bumps.

I have tried to push it further as a complete notebook replacement but it can't do that, nor is it designed to.

Next time around if ultra books are under $1,000, have good battery life and startup from standby in 15 seconds or less, I might consider them instead of a tablet.

2. steviep53

steviep53
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I got mine because Steve Jobs said I needed one...:)

Seriously though, I attended a course where all study material was on the iPad, after that I was hooked.

3. jmbarker

jmbarker
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Bought an iPad 1 when they came out because I thought it was cool and am a devoted Apple fan. Did I need one? No. I did want an eReader though so the iPad made more sense than a standalone reader as it can do a heck of a lot more. Once I started using the original iPad I was hooked. Upgraded to an iPad 2 when it came out. Very glad I did.

4. ipadbraincell

ipadbraincell
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    for me one downside is when i visit clients, i use the iPad2 to show goods and demo's but the ipad itself drags away the clients attention span.

instead of me flogging them my services - i end up flogging them the iPad mantra way of lifelol

5. seneca18

seneca18
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I bought my iPad 2 last summer and was hooked. Then in October my phone contract was up so I upgraded to the iPhone 4s (seemed like the thing to do) and now I would never have one without the other. They work so well together and are great for traveling..