What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why can't I turn off the password lock?

FacePoppies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I set up my email and it made me create a lock password, but I don't want to have to enter a password everytime I use it. But when I go to turn off the password lock, the option is grayed out! Is there a way to work around this?

OP
F

FacePoppies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can somebody just check if they're able to turn off their password lock after linking an email account? Please?

Reaction score
Are you referring to this passcode lock? Then yes, it can be turned off.

I have no idea why you had to setup a passcode lock in the first place. It shouldn't be necessary.

Attachments

• image-1896440666.png
    image-1896440666.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 783
Reaction score
Somerled said:
If you set up email using Microsoft Exchange, the a Passcode is required. There is no getting rid of it.

I can turn the passcode lock off, even though I have an MS exchange mail account (hotmail) set-up. But there are also three non-exchange mail accounts set-up, perhaps these alleviate the need for the passcode lock?

OP
F

FacePoppies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
okay I figured it out. You just go to the mail account and turn off SSL. This can be done with exchange accounts.

OP
F

FacePoppies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh, it appears I was wrong. I don't know what ssl is, but turning it off seems to render the account useless.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Somerled said:
If you set up email using Microsoft Exchange, the a Passcode is required. There is no getting rid of it.

I can turn the passcode lock off, even though I have an MS exchange mail account (hotmail) set-up. But there are also three non-exchange mail accounts set-up, perhaps these alleviate the need for the passcode lock?

You are not connecting to an Exchange server. There is a big difference between emulating Exchange services and actually using an Exchange Server.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If your iPad is administered by your company they have the option of enforcing the use of pass-codes and other settings. This will gray out your option to make those changes.

Countrychirper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
If your iPad is administered by your company they have the option of enforcing the use of pass-codes and other settings. This will gray out your option to make those changes.

I can't turn off my passcode lock. Now when I try to turn it off it just brings up the password box to enter a new password. I hate having to put in a password constantly to use my iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

I can't turn off my passcode lock. Now when I try to turn it off it just brings up the password box to enter a new password. I hate having to put in a password constantly to use my iPad.

Oops, guess I was wrong about how the behavior changes. Still, it's an enterprise thing. If your iPad is administered by your company, they can insist you use a password.

Countrychirper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Countrychirper said:

I Figured it Out! Thx for all the help!

Most reactions