why can't I page back?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Missmouse3, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Missmouse3

Missmouse3 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    sometimes when searching on google on ipad, if I go to a webpage I can see no way to return to the search page & have to press the home button & re enter the search! is this a fault or is this just anger "apple" way of doing things. It's quite annoying,

2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,174 / 0
    If you are using Safari to do the search, have you tried swiping to the right? It should be that a one-fingered swipe (from left to right, from off the bezel) will take you back a page. I've also found you can go forward (to a page already viewed) by swiping to the left from off the bezel...

Maybe that'll help?

Marilyn

3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,687 / 3
    Some pages use 'modern' page controls that don't actually take you to another (URL) web address. The only way to navigate these javascript sites is to use the back/forward/page controls on the actual site, not the ones in the browser's control bar.

That said, I played around with a couple of Google Searches in Safari on the iPad, and the back and forward controls seemed to work fine; though I noticed (for the first time) that Google seems to have changed up it's default appearance for the iPad to a more card focused model, with it's own simplified forward back controls at the bottom (no more page numbers).

It could have been that way for a while, and I just have not noticed.

I'm not saying you don't have a problem, just that I've failed to duplicate it, and that makes it darn hard top figure out what's going on.

So, all I can really offer is some advice; the way I handle my own Google Searches. Once I have a set of Google Search results I like, instead of tapping on the links I tap and hold on the links I want to explore, then open them in a new tab. This leave the original search page untouched so I can go back quickly, and as often as I like.