What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why can't I page back?

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sometimes when searching on google on ipad, if I go to a webpage I can see no way to return to the search page & have to press the home button & re enter the search! is this a fault or is this just anger "apple" way of doing things. It's quite annoying,

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are using Safari to do the search, have you tried swiping to the right? It should be that a one-fingered swipe (from left to right, from off the bezel) will take you back a page. I've also found you can go forward (to a page already viewed) by swiping to the left from off the bezel...

Maybe that'll help?

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some pages use 'modern' page controls that don't actually take you to another (URL) web address. The only way to navigate these javascript sites is to use the back/forward/page controls on the actual site, not the ones in the browser's control bar.

That said, I played around with a couple of Google Searches in Safari on the iPad, and the back and forward controls seemed to work fine; though I noticed (for the first time) that Google seems to have changed up it's default appearance for the iPad to a more card focused model, with it's own simplified forward back controls at the bottom (no more page numbers).

It could have been that way for a while, and I just have not noticed.

I'm not saying you don't have a problem, just that I've failed to duplicate it, and that makes it darn hard top figure out what's going on.

So, all I can really offer is some advice; the way I handle my own Google Searches. Once I have a set of Google Search results I like, instead of tapping on the links I tap and hold on the links I want to explore, then open them in a new tab. This leave the original search page untouched so I can go back quickly, and as often as I like.

Most reactions

Latest posts