What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Cant I Find a WiFi "Detector" App

thehappyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have looked high and low - all over the App Store - Where did these Apps go ?????

I am looking for a simple APP (Paid or FREE) for the Ipad (or Iphone) which simply detects all LOCAL WiFi Transmitters within "range" and displays their SSID's, Channel Numbers, Signal Strength, and Security Type.
I want to check what channels my neighbors are on so I can find a quiet channel.

I am NOT looking for an App to display FREE "Hotspots" - There are TONS of those around. Way too many.
There used to be a bunch of these App's for the Iphone (like WiFiTrak) but they are all gone now...........

Can anybody help me..... Thanx a million

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They were pulled by Apple. I have read a post explaining why here but I don't have the link. If you search, you should find it.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well...unsure if you're on ipad1 or 2 or if jb or not but wififofum from cydia does what you ask.

OP
thehappyman

thehappyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad 2 isnt jailbroken (yet) - Yes I had a feeling Apple pulled them !!!!!!!!!
Very Strange !!!!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts