What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why can't connect to the app store!!!???

aliceneow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mytrove.wordpress.com
Thanks, Midranger4. Tried but the same "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" appeared again. However, I can download new apps but unable to do updates as prompted by Apps Store Update. Apple ID signed in.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aliceneow said:
Thanks, Midranger4. Tried but the same "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" appeared again. However, I can download new apps but unable to do updates as prompted by Apps Store Update. Apple ID signed in.

Open iTunes on your PC and check for incomplete/paused downloads whether they be podcasts, movies, music, or apps. Cancel or complete any/all orphaned downloads on the PC. Once they are all complete check to see app updates on the iPad start moving.

aliceneow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
What I found out is when I go to Apps Store to click on Purchased apps, it's empty! Wonder if it's due to the change of Apple ID. With non purchases, I won't be able to update, right?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aliceneow said:
Could it be related to or caused by iCloud? I did 2 things prior to that I.e. iCloud sync and change Apple ID.
You can create multiple Apple IDs but bear in mind the ID used to purchase any given app will need to sign into the store to accept updates or review purchase history for that ID.

sign in with each ID and view the purchase history then process updates for that ID. Then sign out a d back in with the other ID. Repeat until all apps are current.

Post back with any questions you may have or if the process causes you any grief.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aliceneow said:
I did that but purchase appeared empty...past purchases have been wiped out!!!

Did you sign in with each profile and check the not on this iPad tab?

If so and nothing is returned on any of the profiles when not on this iPad tab is selected there is either a problem with the Apple account or nothing was purchased under the account signed in when not on this iPad is selected.

To verify this as an account issue and not an iPad or iTunes issue sign into iTunes on your PC and your iPad and verify results match when checking purchase history.

I suspect though we are missing something here. Can you explain exactly what steps you took to check purchase history? Please be specific as to what screens/options/info you saw and provided and what the resulting screen is. Screen shots would be very helpful.

Out of curiosity....Was the iPad purchased used with existing apps on it when purchased?

aliceneow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Got in touch with Apple Support. No idea why it couldn't connect to iTunes Store but I was told to just delete the apps and download again from the Apps Store. Worked. Guess, that's the solution.....

Thank you :)

Most reactions

Latest posts