What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why cant competitors produce something fast and clear as ipad w/ full functionality?

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly speaking. I only liked the ipad because its fast. And the resolution is crystal clear. And screen size is just what i wanted. Other than that, there is no more.

Owning an ipad made me feel so limited to use it. It has its own main functions and cool features, but doesnt have the function of what i use most. I only find myself using it for internet surfing and playing games.

Things im limited of doing:

# 1: copy paste in transfering files
# 2: no downloading of songs and video clips
# 3: office ( very limited of its capability). on other devices office is a standard application which comes in free.
# 4: Every important application has a price. And its not cheap

I own a galaxy tab once. Its great and better than i pad when it comes to its function. Speed and resolution is the only thing i didnt get from it. And the great games ipad has to offer as well. But sold it due to its low resale value. So i got an ipad. Hence i dont regret buying an ipad.

Last edited:

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly speaking. I only liked the ipad because its fast. And the resolution is crystal clear. And screen size is just what i wanted. Other than that, there is no more.

Owning an ipad made me feel so limited to use it. It has its own main functions and cool features, but doesnt have the function of what i use most. I only find myself using it for internet surfing and playing games.

Things im limited of doing:

# 1: copy paste in transfering files
# 2: no downloading of songs and video clips
# 3: office ( very limited of its capability). on other devices office is a standard application which comes in free.
# 4: Every important application has a price. And its not cheap

I own a galaxy tab once. Its great and better than i pad when it comes to its function. Speed and resolution is the only thing i didnt get from it. And the great games ipad has to ooffer. But sold it due to its low resale value. So i got an ipad. Hence i dont regret buying an ipad.

I'm a bit confused, here. You had a Galaxy, liked it for games ... but it was slow and didn't look so good. Now you have iPAD, love its display and performance ... but, then you list your issues. Have you found answers in the forum.

Your title seems disconnected with your issues. Care to explain a bit more.

Albion Boris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reasons why a stock might increase or decrease in price as as varied as the number of people and institutions currently buy and selling the stock.

OP
P

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madhatter61 said:
I'm a bit confused, here. You had a Galaxy, liked it for games ... but it was slow and didn't look so good. Now you have iPAD, love its display and performance ... but, then you list your issues. Have you found answers in the forum.

Your title seems disconnected with your issues. Care to explain a bit more.

Sorry if you misunderstood. But what i was trying to say is that the only thing i didnt have with the galaxy tab was the speed, resolution and the games ipad has to offer.

Well in short i want a function of a galaxy tab with ipad's speed and display.

Why cant anyone produce something like it?

Last edited:

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's called the iPad 2.

What are you talking about? The iPad2 offers no added function. Its the same iOS.

And there are alternatives out there like the Motorola Xoom running Honeycomb, but I wouldn't recommend buying that because of issues I personally have with the design choices and the Tegra2 processor.

OP
P

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thphilli said:
What are you talking about? The iPad2 offers no added function. Its the same iOS.

And there are alternatives out there like the Motorola Xoom running Honeycomb, but I wouldn't recommend buying that because of issues I personally have with the design choices and the Tegra2 processor.

Yes, ipad 2 is just the same as ipad 1. Only upgraded its processor and now with cams. Not to mention also its design

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple worked on the iPad for several years before having it ready for release. And when Apple designs something, they have the next five generations at various stages of development. The iPad took everyone by surprise and the comptition does not know how to compete. Jobs has a lot of the technology locked in, and between control of the software and hardware, they have the ability to control prices better than their competitors. They also made sure they had a strong app store in place when they introduced it.

It comes down to the competition not only having to design a tablet, but doing it as cheap and as well built as Apple. As Samsung and Motorola have found out, it is a tough job. They tried to offer things that they saw was gripes about the iPad, but once on the market, they found that there was a lot of reasons for the decisions Apple made. Adobe is killing theirselves to find a way to make flash work on tablets because they recognize that if they don't the number of Flash based web sites is going to continue to decline.

It is doubtful that anyone will crack the hold Apple has on the tablet market. Eventually, Aplle will probably own a steady 80% market share, as long as they don't make any stupid mistakes. If anyone is going to compete, they will have to design the next freat things before Apple.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple worked on the iPad for several years before having it ready for release. And when Apple designs something, they have the next five generations at various stages of development. The iPad took everyone by surprise and the comptition does not know how to compete. Jobs has a lot of the technology locked in, and between control of the software and hardware, they have the ability to control prices better than their competitors. They also made sure they had a strong app store in place when they introduced it.

It comes down to the competition not only having to design a tablet, but doing it as cheap and as well built as Apple. As Samsung and Motorola have found out, it is a tough job. They tried to offer things that they saw was gripes about the iPad, but once on the market, they found that there was a lot of reasons for the decisions Apple made. Adobe is killing theirselves to find a way to make flash work on tablets because they recognize that if they don't the number of Flash based web sites is going to continue to decline.

It is doubtful that anyone will crack the hold Apple has on the tablet market. Eventually, Aplle will probably own a steady 80% market share, as long as they don't make any stupid mistakes. If anyone is going to compete, they will have to design the next freat things before Apple.

That just wont be the case. Take for example a third world country. There is no reduced iPad pricing to hit a $150 or $100 price point. With Android for example, there are $35 tablets:

$35 Tablet makes an appearance on Indian TV (video) -- Engadget

Just by this fact alone Apple cannot hold that high of a percentage of market share. No one is denying that Apple produces amazing hardware coupled with a very extensive app store. That is tough to compete against. Don't believe for a minute though that within 2 years they will have a similar marketshare to what they have now in the tablet sector.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just by this fact alone Apple cannot hold that high of a percentage of market share. No one is denying that Apple produces amazing hardware coupled with a very extensive app store. That is tough to compete against. Don't believe for a minute though that within 2 years they will have a similar marketshare to what they have now in the tablet sector.

On the contrary, that analysis/conclusion is flawed because the assumption you make is that people are buying solely based on price; whereas, reality is that people buy products based on functionality, brand recognition and need (or want, as the case might be.)

Unless you know exactly what Apple's competitors are doing right now which will enable them to retake a share of the tablet market (and assuming they even know it themselves), it would be quite foolhardy to make any kind of prediction. Just look at the iPod: 10 years on, and Apple still holds 70-80% market share in the digital player market while the likes of Sony and Creative stand around and lament the unfairness of the universe.

hey_moe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can understand what is being said in here but what I don't understand is why they have the keyboard and magic mouse blocked to a point you loose some of the features. The creating of software to work with Windows shouldn't be taking away from their profit. Apple Safari works with Windows and Apple has set it up to work with Windows. So whats the big deal this their hardware add-on...Mike

Most reactions