What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why can I find an app with my Iphone 5 but not with my Ipad3?

gsouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a radio station in Texas called WBAP. WBAP has an App built by "AirKast" that I like and I can find it in the App Store when searching on my Iphone5, but when I search for WBAP in the App store on my Ipad, it cannot find the app. Can someone explain why that is? I would think I could search the same app on both the ipad and iphone.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you are on your iPad doing the search are you making sure that you are searching for iPhone apps and not iPad apps? The button is on the top in the middle. You should be able to find it there.

OP
G

gsouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I knew when I posted that I would be asked that question. LOL. Yes I am aware of that button that selects ipad or iPhone. Either way there is no app called WBAP, but there is if I search on my iPhone. Weird.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
gsouth said:
I knew when I posted that I would be asked that question. LOL. Yes I am aware of that button that selects ipad or iPhone. Either way there is no app called WBAP, but there is if I search on my iPhone. Weird.

I just tried the search and it's just like you said. It won't appear in search on my iPad, but I just downloaded it to my iPhone. The strange thing is that the app description says it's compatible with the iPad.
Here's a screenshot from my iPhone.

image-4105957137.jpg

OP
G

gsouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks scifan57, for validating my post. At least I know it's me. it is weird. I wonder how many other apps are like this.?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just tried the search and it's just like you said. It won't appear in search on my iPad, but I just downloaded it to my iPhone. The strange thing is that the app description says it's compatible with the iPad.
Here's a screenshot from my iPhone.

View attachment 28993

Have you tried using iTunes to transfer the app to your iPad, sci? That might work.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Have you tried using iTunes to transfer the app to your iPad, sci? That might work.

That should work, I haven't had time to try it though.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just played with this situation. And it is very perplexing to say the least. But I know how to download it on the iPad directly. Well sort of directly. LOL

Install AppShopper.
Launch AppShopper.
Search for WBAP.
Click on app.
Click buy.

Interestingly enough it launches the App Store and show the app for install. No clue why you can't find it directly but it is there.

Most reactions

Latest posts