What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are you not jailbreaking?

Why are you not jailbreaking?

• I am nervous about its complexity.

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Because it is against Apple's TOC and affects warranty.

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I think it is immoral.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not know what are advantages after jailbreak.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • I have already jailbroken.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I am not interested in jail breaking

Votes: 24 28.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KronicKaos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure his parents do buy him apps from iTunes - just he is missing out on all the cydia apps.

Not everyone thinks that SBSettings or Winterboard/Dreamboard, etc. are cool though. I think a lot of people don't want to JB because they're happy using the iPad as Apple intended. If you take away all the apps people can get through Cydia, the iPad is still quite an amazing piece of equipment.

Shutterbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad just as it is. I'm not tech enough to mess about with an OS and just hate it when things go wrong! Don't get me wrong, I have seen my share of DOS command prompts in my day, but these days c:\ windows> chkdsk/f just doesn't appeal

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
I'm sure his parents do buy him apps from iTunes - just he is missing out on all the cydia apps.

Not everyone thinks that SBSettings or Winterboard/Dreamboard, etc. are cool though. I think a lot of people don't want to JB because they're happy using the iPad as Apple intended. If you take away all the apps people can get through Cydia, the iPad is still quite an amazing piece of equipment.

The iPad is amazing without JailBreaking, just its even better with.

Jailbreaking makes a greatdevice even better, but it's fine for lots of people without, its your choice, if you're happy without jailbreaking that's fine, if you want more then jailbreak.

ghett0tech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have never had problems after jailbreaking my devices. either way i <3 my iPad jailbroken or not.

5teve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackburn in NW of . . . . . . . . . . . . Engl
I'm not jailbreaking my new iPad 2 for several reasons as listed below .....

1 ... I am not aware of any real advantage to Jailbreaking an iPad 2.
2 ... Jailbreaking seems to me to be the kind of thing done by teenagers wearing hoodies and with their pants half-way down their butt cheeks who love words like "Whatever". That isn't me.
3 ... Being a newbie, I may do something that kills my iPad and I want to keep it within the warranty boundaries in case it needs to be sent back.
4 ... There are several more reasons all to do with ethics, honesty etc but they would take to long to write out here.

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
1) Then don't do it
2) My Children are teenagers
3) You can't kill your iPad and I know of no-one who has been refused warranty repairs, restoring removes the JB.
4 ) If you are accusing me of doing anything either ethically wrong or dishonest in any way shape or form, please elaborate. I do nothing that is either and object to your insinuations.

Dukins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done enough rooting on my android phone and tired of tinkering with electronics. Just want my iPad to work as is.

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dukins said:
I've done enough rooting on my android phone and tired of tinkering with electronics. Just want my iPad to work as is.
I agree. I will continue to root and play with ROMS on my Atrix but I want my iPad untouched.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

PodFace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There aren't too many benefits of JB an iPad. Now, if this was an Android device, I would root it in a heartbeat.

OttoRijswijk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because i want 2 use icloud and all the other great things that there will be in IOS 5.0

iPad 2 wifi only 32GB

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a friend who just bought a new car. I asked him if he would have bought that car if the manufacturer decided what kind of child safety seat he could purchase only through their store, or what kind of seat covers he could buy, again only through their store.

I have to admit and so does he that the car is great, has many features, is on the cutting edge so to speak when it comes to that particular product. All great reasons to buy that brand.

But if people are barred from expressing their personalities and also enhancing the functionality of the things they own through third party help or not then it tends to bring out the rebel so to speak in people.

I have jail broken my iPad precisely because I do not like being forced or told what I can or cannot do with the things that I spend my money on.

I love Apple products because they put so much effort into all aspects of those products. I just think they are a little too controlling outside of their own house!

OttoRijswijk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hayroset said:
What is jailbreaking? Sorry, new here.

That you candownload themes and other great things like tweaks
~ moderated - do not promote other blogs - read our rules ~

iPad 2 wifi only 32GB

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions