What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are you not jailbreaking?

Why are you not jailbreaking?

• I am nervous about its complexity.

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Because it is against Apple's TOC and affects warranty.

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I think it is immoral.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not know what are advantages after jailbreak.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • I have already jailbroken.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I am not interested in jail breaking

Votes: 24 28.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Confucious said:
Another option needs to be added "I updated to 4.3.4 so can't"

Is 4.3.4 out now? Is there any new functionality, or just a JB exploit fix?

iWant my iCloud

If you go to the Hacking section you can read Leigh's and GrayWolf's report on 4.3.4 and, yes, it's simply a patch of the PDF vulnerability - no additional functionality whatsoever.

Tim

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
If you go to the Hacking section you can read Leigh's and GrayWolf's report on 4.3.4 and, yes, it's simply a patch of the PDF vulnerability - no additional functionality whatsoever.

Tim

Thanks, Tim, but you already answered my question ;)

iWant my iCloud

HTMLEgg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
htmlegg.aidaluu.com
It's just plain wrong! If you use an App, you pay for it.

Although I'd understand for folks who jailbreak their phones for provider reasons. I have friends who have jailbroken phones, but they still pay for the Apps.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's just plain wrong! If you use an App, you pay for it.

Although I'd understand for folks who jailbreak their phones for provider reasons. I have friends who have jailbroken phones, but they still pay for the Apps.

Not to quibble with you, cause that is a wonderful sentiment (and one I fully endorse) - pay for apps - but where did you get the idea that jail breakers don't pay?

Yeah, there's a small portion of the community who jailbreak to be able to steal, but I'd daresay a larger majority don't participate in piracy.

As a small anecdote of one - I've paid for every Cydia app and tweak I've got on my iPad, and will continue to pay for what I install on the iPad, whether they are "official" App Store or Cydia apps.

So, please, don't tar us all with the same brush as the thieves. All of us jail breakers aren't like that!

Thanks.

Marilyn

HTMLEgg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
htmlegg.aidaluu.com
Oops. Sorry I guess I'm just frustrated with some folks around me who goes around advertising how their jail broken phones can download free Apps.

It's always the first thing that comes to my mind when I see the word "jailbreaking".

Please forgive me, really didn't mean to offend anyone. ~peace! :eek:

xFrenchFr1es

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't jailbreak my iPad because I don't really see the point. I don't really care about things and I have parents that will buy me almost any app if I just ask them nicely..

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't jailbreak my iPad because I don't really see the point. I don't really care about things and I have parents that will buy me almost any app if I just ask them nicely..

How can your parents buy you the apps and tweaks that are only available in Cydia if you are not JailBroken?

His parents can buy them off iTunes. He didn't mention Cydia did he?

Did I miss something?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What you missed is the fact that lots of apps and tweaks are ONLY available on cydia which is a good reason to JB.

I know that. I am JB. :)

What I am saying is how do you know his parents do not buy his apps from iTunes. He never mentioned Cydia.he said he does not need to JB for free apps.

Or ~

Should we just agree to disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions