What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are video's upside down?

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I take a short video and transfer it to my PC over WIFI, (from the pictures folder under \var\mobile\media\dcim) it plays without any issues, but when I copy over long videos, once the get to my PC, they are upside down, and I have to rotate and convert them.

Why are the long videos upside down?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's likely because you shot the video with the home button facing to the left. Try shooting the next long video with the home button facing the right, it should eliminate the problem.

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but this is no the case. My iPad is in the same position on the Bluetooth Keyboard/Case combo as it was when I shot the video. The home button is to the right.

The odd thing is that I also took 3 shorter (<30 second) videos while the iPad was in the same position, and they are all right side up. I've noticed the exact issue with the vids in the past. The weird thing is that if I play it within the iPad photos app, or via the file system using iFile, (selecting Video Player) it plays right side up.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you get the same problem with videos shot in all 4 possible home button orientations? Do use a Windows PC? Windows PC's have had orientation problems with videos shot with iOS devices.

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a Windows PC. Windows 7. I'm not taking the time right now to record 3 long videos, but if I do, I'll report the results on this thread.

Most reactions

Latest posts